cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

solid element operations and object subtype

jshuether
Enthusiast
I've created a downlight library part that I want to recess in the ceiling slab using solid element operations (SEO) subtraction w/ downward extrusion. Solid element operations will not work (or sometimes works at first then disappears later) while the object subtype is "Light", but it works perfect when the object subtype is set to "Geometric Shape." This is a huge problem...

I'm trying to see if I can "call" via a subroutine the "Geometric Shape" object into a "Light" object.

Is this problem documented anywhere?

This really screws up my lighting schedules if my downlight has to be an "object" vs. a "light."

Scott
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
jshuether
Enthusiast
Also it appears that the SEO depends on the state of the object when the object is acting as an operator. I'm trying to make the objects 3D display dependent based on glob_context. I want detail when in section view and simplicity in 3D view. Apparently the SEO does not recalculate itself as the geometry of the object changes based on glob_context. Any ideas?
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Frank Beister
Advisor
Beeing part of a SEO operation causes other sates of GLOB_CONTEXT in the moment the calculation of the SEO is done itself. 43 SEO in 3D, 44 SEO in s/e. HTH
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
jshuether
Enthusiast
Thank you Frank. I saw those extra values for glob_context in the reference guide but was not sure what they all did. When would you use 22,23, or 24?
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Frank Beister
Advisor
The twenties are for moving hotspots, the forties for the SEOs. The first digit is the context as known. The manual is not as bad as normal in this point. If you could read German, I would recommend selfgdl.com 😉
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm