Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

window with 2 different glass mat

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey !
I managed to design my dream window but I want the panels to have 2 different materials : glass for the opening parts and frosted glass for the others.
does anyone know how to achieve that ? I'm ready to put my hands in some gdl if someone points me to the right tutorial 😉
thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
You could possibly modify the Sash to be a solid panel and set its material as your second glass? Not sure what control you have over a solid panel though... A Custom Sash might have better control.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alemanda
Advocate
I think you cannot achieve what you want using the out of the box window library part. Also changing the gdl script will be a nightmare because windows and doors are really very complex script.
It you don’t need parametricity I suggest to you to convert the window (with its final geometry) into a morph and then save again as window object.
If you search in the forum or in help documentation you’ll find how to do. It’s not difficult
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
You could possibly modify the Sash to be a solid panel and set its material as your second glass? Not sure what control you have over a solid panel though... A Custom Sash might have better control.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answers !
the solid panel did the trick !
Lingwisyer
Guru
The Custom Sash is pretty easy to do and will give you better control than the Solid Panel if you don't mind the extra parts in your library. Just draw a slab, set it's material as your second glass type, then save it out as a Custom Sash (File =>Libraries & Objects => Save Selection As... => Custom Window Sash).

Ling.