cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

trouble with educational licence

eeeeek
Participant

Hi i'm a current tafe student and we recently set up a graphysoft account a couple of weeks ago. I put my serial number into the take computer and my home computer. I hadn't used the software on my home computer until I tried this evening. And it said my educational licence had expired. It then asked me to upgrade my educational licence which then produced another serial number. I had to uninstall Archicad Then reinstall it and when needed to I put the new serial number in. I saved my work on the take computer and closed everything off two days ago and I'm trying to work on that project on my computer now. Unfortunately it's telling me that the project is in use by student general and there are three choices I can do with this file 1. ru as read only do not open and open with exclusive access. I am hesitant to open with exclusive Access as this is not an emergency option. What have I done wrong? And could I get any pointers on how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon

If you are working by yourself on that project and it is not shared using Dropbox or other File sharing system, "open with exclusive access" means that the file was not closed properly because either AC or the computer crashed and there is no temporary saved file for that particular project.

In 99% of the cases it is ok to open it but if unsure you can use "open with read only" to verify and do a save as if everything is ok.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

eeeeek
Participant

thank you for replying.  Just my self and definitely closed and saved properly.  no comp crash.

I am however working saving the project to a portable hard drive and as instructed my our teacher but that is a physical item not a cloud type.

would that affect it?

Eduardo Rolon

Depends how fast/slow the connection is to the drive and how you disconnect it.

For example if you have the file open and saved and the drive is disconnected for whatever reason then the "lock" file will not be removed and when you try to open the file again you will get the message. Same can happen if you removed the external disk before AC cleared the lock file.

Same advice still applies.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly

If there is a '.LCK' file in the same folder as the project file, then Archicad will consider the file is open and will give you a warning.

If you are the only person working on the file it is perfectly safe to open with exclusive access.

This will mean you can just continue to save the file with its current name.

Otherwise open as 'read only', but then you must 'save as' with a new name or folder location to continue working.

You can also just delete that '.LCK' file before you open the main file, but only if you are the only person working on the file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!