Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Window dimension Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to make the Coordinate dimension tool show the relevant levels i want in 3D, but so the text is always facing the view set camera?

I can set it up for 1 camera, but then from another angle the text is unreadable.

screen shot attached to show what i mean.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
here it is from the first camera where you can read it!
Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 13.31.25.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this could be done but you would have to get into GDL Scripting to do that.
GDL can get the location of the Camera and the Target from Global Variable. Then you could calculate the line from Camera to Target and you would have to rotate your 3D Text within that object to be on a plane perpendicular to the line from Camera to Target (a bit of mathematics).

But I see problems as well. First, I don't know how this would work in axonometric views (maybe it wouldn't). Second, there would inevitable be cases where you would not see you text because some element would overlap it when viewed from the Camera.

Maybe the fastest and easiest solution is to place multiple of these elements on different Layers for each used Camera position.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't the simplest solution be to use a 3d document rather than trying to show this in the 3d window?

Regards,
Scott