Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3d cutting planes box so small?

Dave Brach
Expert
what's up with the 3d cutting planes dialogue box? I can barely see the model it is so small, let alone place a cut exactly where I want it. How does one zoom in?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can reposition the dialog box and stretch it out which will scale the preview boxes larger.
Dave Brach
Expert
I see that the boxes can be stretched, but the plan and two sections of the model are still tiny. What am I missing?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Eduardo Rolon
FWIW,

In 16 and before I only used the "box" only to define the cutting heights of the model. To define the rest in addition I used the marquee.

The one you probably don't want to hear is that this was fixed in 17 by the introduction of the 3D cutting planes.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/3d-interactions/archicad-17-new-features-3d-cutting...
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
The preview image scales to show everything in your model space. The less objects visible the more focused the preview will be. If you hide that stuff off to the side that should help as well as hiding the mesh/slab you have for the grade.
Barry Kelly
I believe it is based on what you have showing in 3D when you open the dialgue box.
Each view will scale to be the same as the one that shows plan view.
So the less you can show in the plan view then the bigger all the views will be.
You can place a marquee but that will still zoom to the extent of whatever the marquee cuts trough.
So you are better off selecting in plan and then showing in 3D to get just what you want.

Unfortunately there is no zoom in or out - just making the dialogue box larger.

I think this is one of the reasons GS moved away from this in version 17 where you now have adjustable cutting planes (and lots of them - not just 3) in the actual 3D window.

Barry.
3D_cut.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dave Brach
Expert
thanks for the comments!
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura