BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 12 Stairs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to have only one single rail on one side only with AC 12's Stair-maker ?
(not 2 rails and not with posts etc.)

Thanks,
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks but with my copy of AC 12 a stair simple bar has 2 bars, one on top (handrail level) and one4" ? above the nosing and then theses are connected at the ends of the run. This is not what is STANDARD in the USA....as a matter of fact I have never seen this in my personal world travels either.

What is the 40 year practicing architect missing ?
Paul
Karl Ottenstein
atelier wrote:
Thanks but with my copy of AC 12 a stair simple bar has 2 bars, one on top (handrail level) and one4" ? above the nosing and then theses are connected at the ends of the run. This is not what is STANDARD in the USA....as a matter of fact I have never seen this in my personal world travels either.
Can you show how you get that? No matter what I do, 'simple bar' produces just a single handrail...

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, Stairmaker has always been inadequate, so what I have done in the past is to select something that is close and then do an enlarged drawing in 2d only.

I know that's not the AC way, but it worked. Recently, I bought ArchiStair and have just started to play with it only to discover that I now need a dongle in AC12. Email to Cigraph has gone unanswered and even as I work with it in AC 11 I can't seem to easily make a common (in the USA) type of stair.

The generic stair I use most has 1 1/2" square full height posts/balusters (spaced so a 4" sphere cannot pass) with newel posts at the bottom and top of each run and at each corner of the landing (switchback stair). Pretty simple.

I can't seem to do that in Stairmaker or ArchiStair. I've RTFM (mostly).
I'm hoping I'm just so blind that the solution is right before me and someone can point it out to me..............

Thanks,

Don Lee
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, Stairmaker has always been inadequate, so what I have done in the past is to select something that is close and then do an enlarged drawing in 2d only.

I know that's not the AC way, but it worked. Recently, I bought ArchiStair and have just started to play with it only to discover that I now need a dongle in AC12. Email to Cigraph has gone unanswered and even as I work with it in AC 11 I can't seem to easily make a common (in the USA) type of stair.

The generic stair I use most has 1 1/2" square full height posts/balusters (spaced so a 4" sphere cannot pass) with newel posts at the bottom and top of each run and at each corner of the landing (switchback stair). Pretty simple.

I can't seem to do that in Stairmaker or ArchiStair. I've RTFM (mostly).
I'm hoping I'm just so blind that the solution is right before me and someone can point it out to me..............

Thanks,

Don Lee
Learn and get certified!