cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 27 & 3DConnexion 3D mouse issue!

Matt Schneider
Contributor

The 3DConnexion 3D mouse is not functioning properly with AC27.  I have had no problems with  with AC25 & 26.  PLEASE FIX! 

16 REPLIES 16

Sorry, scoz, what do you mean?

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

The Space Mouse can not rotate in 3D Windows and BIMX Windows.
I can't rotate the model based on the Y-axis

alexliz23
Enthusiast

I see, thanks for clarifying.

My response was meant for Matt, who posted originally. But, to answer your question, then yes, it should do everything in Archicad, both macOS and Windows. I don't think BIMx can work with the SpaceMouse.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

I found the solution to the problem I was having.  Originally, I discovered the issue when I opened up the AC27 out of the box template when I was first checking the release out.  In my quest for the solution, I opened up a AC26 project in AC27.  I had no issues with the space mouse in AC27 when I opened up the AC26 file.  Lead me to believe there was a setting that I couldn't locate.  I asked John from Contrabim if he ever had this issue and he pointed me to  VIEW>3D Navigation Extras>3Dconnexion.  There are two options, Camera Mode & Object Mode.  AC27 template is defaulted to Camera Mode and that is causing the navigation issue.  Changed to Object mode and the issue was fixed.  Not sure why camera mode is problematic but it is.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 9.23.45 AM.png

Hi Matt. That is very interesting, I'll be sure to check that menu as soon as I'm back on my Mac. I actually bought my 3DConnexion SpaceMouse kits when I saw John's video on them 👍 I've learned a lot from his ContraBIM channel.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

John turned me on to the space mouse as well.  I have been a Contrabim member since its inception & had purchased his template prior.  Lots of value.

mthd
Ace

I also watched John using these tools and bought mine last year and they are great to use.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura