Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC10 3D Explore Model Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am really enjoying using the new 3D explore model tool. The 3D gaming type interface is very intuitive for me and has made it much easier to do walk throughs.

However, I have tried and failed to located a keyboard shortcut that enables me to switch from my assault rifle to either my grenade launcher or my shotgun in 3D explore mode. This is obviously most frustrating, and of course I am working on a deadline at the moment. Working with with my clients has been a bit embarrassing to say the least.

Is anyone else afflicted with this issue or is it just me? Am I missing something? I have looked through all of ArchiCAD 10's new settings and have found nothing...

Please see my attached image.

Your input would be most helpful.
Thanks.

3D-Explore-Model.jpg
27 REPLIES 27
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Leave it to Graphisoft to omit something so important!
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Dwight
Newcomer
That is not as simple as assigning a keyboard shortcut.

ArchiCAD, being a BIM- [Battleground Information Modeler] can receive data from model conditions to parametrically adjust the user to model conditions.

You'll need to create a parameteric GDL object to do that.
There isn't one in the International Library altho the USA version will soon have it.

In your script:

Use the variable GLOB_THREAT_ASSESS to have ArchiCAD automatically select the most approriate weapon for the situation.

The variable GLOB_AMMO_COUNT enables the discarding of an empty weapon and autoselection of the next best choice.

Also insert GLOB_ENEMY_DISTANCE to evaluate the model for a possible RETREAT command.
Dwight Atkinson
Thomas Holm
Booster
Dwight wrote:
There isn't one in the International Library altho the USA version will soon have it.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Virtuoso
Dwight wrote:
AK 47 for International, M16 for the US ...

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
When will the WMD option be available, or doesn't it actually exist???
Dwight
Newcomer
WMD certainly was on the wish list.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, I am pretty sure Graphisoft said something about WMD's in their advertising for 10...
Petros Ioannou
Booster
Where's Scott??
I was hoping he will show up telling us that revit offers better shotting since version 5, plus some really interactive grenades that can blow up your entire office...

ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Petros Ioannou
Booster
So, if you sign up as a team member in AC10 you 'll be part of a millitary squad?
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB