Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC10 External Drawing Update weirdness

owen
Newcomer
I think this has been discussed before but I could not find the thread, so apologies in advance for starting a new topic ..

I'm experiencing some weird (I think) behaviour when updating external drawing links. Generally everything works fine, but I have a few drawings which when asked to update, will open another copy of the external file containing the linked drawing despite the fact I already have that file open.

It's not causing any real problems (except resulting in me having 3-4 copies of AC running ..) but it shouldn't be happening should it?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
owen wrote:
I think this has been discussed before but I could not find the thread, so apologies in advance for starting a new topic ..

I'm experiencing some weird (I think) behaviour when updating external drawing links. Generally everything works fine, but I have a few drawings which when asked to update, will open another copy of the external file containing the linked drawing despite the fact I already have that file open.

It's not causing any real problems (except resulting in me having 3-4 copies of AC running ..) but it shouldn't be happening should it?
Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > More Options > "Do not launch an new instance of Achicad when placing a view into a layout"

Does this option make any difference?
If not is there an option specific to extenaly linked files?
Just trying to get my head around all this also.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
owen wrote:
but it shouldn't be happening should it?
I was under the impression it should happen just like that.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies if this is too far off the topic, but can't find any other threads and know it's generally better to keep new topics to a min.

When updating external links, the updates runs ok, but afterwards I always get a hollow white pointr, and the entire interface "locks" no other menus, tools or buttons can be clicked. The only option is to click the CLOSE cross in the top corner of the window and then YES to "save changes?" prompt...

This has been happening since the first v.10 release and I've been patiently "doing the work-around"*, waiting (on the advice of my local support) to await the next build for a bug fix.
it's now 1010 and still no fix.

someone in the office suggested we rename this app'
"Work-Around-CAD"
TomWaltz
Participant
gerald wrote:
Apologies if this is too far off the topic, but can't find any other threads and know it's generally better to keep new topics to a min.

When updating external links, the updates runs ok, but afterwards I always get a hollow white pointr, and the entire interface "locks" no other menus, tools or buttons can be clicked. The only option is to click the CLOSE cross in the top corner of the window and then YES to "save changes?" prompt...

This has been happening since the first v.10 release and I've been patiently "doing the work-around"*, waiting (on the advice of my local support) to await the next build for a bug fix.
it's now 1010 and still no fix.
I don't know. I've never heard of that problem before. Have you reported it to Graphisoft?

someone in the office suggested we rename this app'
"Work-Around-CAD"
I've always been partial to "Achy-CAD"
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. I've reported it locally via the Arkiklub Support page (www.arkiklub.com) - our Australian Support site