Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Addng plaster for walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I add plaster thickness to walls already created?

i tried Options > Element Attributes> Composites>brick plastered both
sides.since the wall thickness is diferrent from my wall i tried to edit
the wall but the EDIT SELECTED ITEM is not getting selected.
thanks
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable
creative wrote:
Is it possible to add plaster by modifying the wall and columns as a complex profile and changing the skin priorities of the plaster in complex profile window?
will i get a correct floor plan display?
YES !

you can select anywall on you plan...capture his profile...add plaster...apply to selection and it will be well presented in plan...section...3d...
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
creative wrote:
Is it possible to add plaster by modifying the wall and columns as a complex profile and changing the skin priorities of the plaster in complex profile window?
YES !

you can select anywall on you plan...capture his profile...add plaster...apply to selection and it will be well presented in plan...section...3d...
I tried creating complex walls and columns(see fig)
it shows a line between plaster for wall and column.Prority for wall plaster skin is adjusted higher than the priority for plaster skin of column.
Anonymous
Not applicable
creative wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
creative wrote:
YES !

I tried creating complex walls and columns(see fig)
it shows a line between plaster for wall and column.Prority for wall plaster skin is adjusted higher than the priority for plaster skin of column.
these lines will show up everytime when:
your two elements have different layer Intersection Group Number
your two elements have different fill type

you dont have to put plaster on culumns...just put it on walls and connect them...they will wrapped plaster around culumn ! check pic
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks NeckoFromSarajevo

thanks for your prompt replies.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How to plaster the remaning portion of the column? (see fig)
I read "Wrapped Columns on the Floor Plan" in help file but somehow couldn't get it.

Also how to plaster window|door jambs?
column plaster'.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
creative wrote:
I read "Wrapped Columns on the Floor Plan" in help file but somehow couldn't get it.

Wrapping Method: Not available for Profile (Complex) Columns.

When placing a Column that will intersect a Composite wall, your choice of Geometry method - wrapped or unwrapped - will affect the display of the wall/column in the Floor Plan.
Use the wrapped/unwrapped (or “freestanding”) icons from the Column Info Box or the Column Settings dialog box to determine how the columns will be interact with composite walls.
Wrapped Columns can only break through the core skins of composite Walls. The other wall skins wrap around the column, retaining their thickness.

look at pic
Anonymous
Not applicable
go to Reveal/wall closure
and adjust your parametars for your windows and doors
Anonymous
Not applicable
pic2
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
creative wrote:

Wrapping Method: Not available for Profile (Complex) Columns.

When placing a Column that will intersect a Composite wall, your choice of Geometry method - wrapped or unwrapped - will affect the display of the wall/column in the Floor Plan.
Use the wrapped/unwrapped (or “freestanding”) icons from the Column Info Box or the Column Settings dialog box to determine how the columns will be interact with composite walls.
Wrapped Columns can only break through the core skins of composite Walls. The other wall skins wrap around the column, retaining their thickness.

look at pic
I tried to change the column gometry to wrapped but nothing changed.
All the skins of wall are assigned as core.I need the first type from your fig.
thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
if all skins off your wall are assigned as core then nothing will be wrapped around.

Plz, assign correctly core skins and

if you have all skins as core on your wall - nothing will wrap around culumn

you must have some skins assign as finish or other !
those skins which are assign as finish will wrap around culumn!
try it !