cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 10 for Intel Mac is out now

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ArchiCAD 10 for Intel Mac is out now. Please check out:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/IntelMac/
You can find details about the product in the Questions and Answers section:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/IntelMac/Questions/

This version comes on a separate CD - please get in touch with your local Archicad reseller
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
45 REPLIES 45
__archiben
Booster
John wrote:
... an obvious question: What is the speed difference for AC 10 for the Intel Mac on a Macbook versus the Macbook Pro?

I'm sure it's faster, but how much faster? My reseller said he doesn't know and to ask here.
if anyone's done any thorough benchmarking specific to archicad it will be graphisoft themselves . . . and if your reseller doesn't know any details then they ain't sharing.

your best bet is to actually look at the performance comparisons on apple's website. they're not archicad specific, but you will be able to gauge relative performance differences for a range of processing types: graphics; rendering; calculation; etc . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm surprised that Graphisoft doesn't have more info on this. The use of the video card should be of interest.
Anonymous
Not applicable
On my MacBook the loading time is very slow but it is okey when AC is fully loaded, any reason why?
Thanks,
Joseph
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
http://www.graphisoft.com/company/press_zone/mactel100.html

Here you can find our benchmark results. The data is an average of many files, each measured multiple times, so these are very reliable data. We have not tested Mac Mini and MacBook, because their hardware specs do not meet the Archicad requirements.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Djordje
Virtuoso
Greg,

I am wondering: why Mac to Mac? Intel Pentium is faster than the PPC, so what's the revelation? No need to do Apple's work.

MacBookPro vs Dell M60, now that is something else ...

Any chance on seeing those results?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
Djordje wrote:
No need to do Apple's work.

yes please! however i suspect that would be doing apple's work . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
For a look at the MacBook Pro compared to Acer & HP check this out.

...and as I've said before, AC10 is running quite a bit faster under OSX than XP on my machine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
re the mac mini testing. I have just bought one of these.
of course I have upgraded the RAM from 512Mb to 1 Gb(which is what any sane person would do) It has a 64Mb graphics card, so why not test it???

and yeah it would be good to see some benchmarks.........

gkmethy wrote:
http://www.graphisoft.com/company/press_zone/mactel100.html

Here you can find our benchmark results. The data is an average of many files, each measured multiple times, so these are very reliable data. We have not tested Mac Mini and MacBook, because their hardware specs do not meet the Archicad requirements.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje
Virtuoso
~/archiben wrote:
Djordje wrote:
No need to do Apple's work.

yes please! however i suspect that would be doing apple's work . . .

~/archiben
Not really ...

If I have to shell out for a workstation laptop, there are not so many models on the market that fit the bill. Mac Book Pro is a obvious contender - as is M60, and high end Toshiba models for example , if we only stay in the mainstream. So this would help the users decide. Objectively?

It is not a comparison of the computers per se, it is a comparison of running Archicad.

Then, if we are on the Mac only, why not test how does it perform under OSX and under XP on the same machine - again, I do believe (even before I have read Matthew's testimonial) that OSX is inherently faster.

IMHO, of course ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen