cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 10 for Intel Mac is out now

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ArchiCAD 10 for Intel Mac is out now. Please check out:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/IntelMac/
You can find details about the product in the Questions and Answers section:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/IntelMac/Questions/

This version comes on a separate CD - please get in touch with your local Archicad reseller
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
45 REPLIES 45
March_ Bruce
Enthusiast
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are we comparing a quad to twin computers here & we're surprised the quad is twice as fast?

Does speed matter if bugs slow or stop the work?

GS gladly took my money & I've been paying the price bug reporting almost daily (working for GSHU!) with this still beta grade software since June (3 months now)...

"gkmethy" wrote:
http://www.graphisoft.com/company/press_zone/mactel100.html

Here you can find our benchmark results. The data is an average of many files, each measured multiple times, so these are very reliable data. We have not tested Mac Mini and MacBook, because their hardware specs do not meet the Archicad requirements.
TomWaltz
Participant
March, wrote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are we comparing a quad to twin computers here & we're surprised the quad is twice as fast? .
Remember that Archicad is not multi-threaded. The extra processors only matter in LIghtworks, not in generating elevations, schedules, etc.

If it were, Archicad would be HUGELY faster, since most machines anymore are coming with multi-processors.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have took the advice of Matthew Lohden and purchased a Macbook pro 17 with 2 GB ram.(the 2GB ram is the short coming

Running Risa 3D with parallel is as fast as any PC

Archicad is as faser than mu G5 (2) 1.8 4GB ram

Con - it is a big sucker but the screen has only the same height as the old G4 titanium. The 15 is a joke
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adalbert wrote:
Con - it is a big sucker but the screen has only the same height as the old G4 titanium. The 15 is a joke
If you think the MBP17 is big try bench pressing a 17" HP or Dell.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I take back the con
The 17 MBP is FANTASTIC
__archiben
Booster
Adalbert wrote:
I take back the con
The 17 MBP is FANTASTIC
oh yeah!

adalbert: how are you getting on with 'parallels'? i just downloaded a trial license yesterday and am pretty impressed so far. except that parallels steals my AC dongle and won't give it back when i switch out between systems . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
You mean installing AC9 on Parallel ?

I run Archicad on the MAC only, on the PC only RISA, T2(HVAC) and MS Project. Switching does not affect the MAC

I am also connected to a Win200o server running other stuff and Quickbook pro. From the server I could not see the virtual WIN (parallel)

MAC to PC via Timbuktu Pro
__archiben
Booster
Adalbert wrote:
From the server I could not see the virtual WIN (parallel)
what if you turn off 'bridged networking' (where the PC effectively piggybacks the mac's existing network signal) and assign the virtual machine its own network settings? i've not tried it - i don't need to - but that seems to be the logical place to start . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
After connecting my old cinema display the MacBook Pro turned much slower and the mouse is jumpy as with a remote desktop.

I reconsider my old G5 is better with a large screen.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adalbert wrote:
After connecting my old cinema display the MacBook Pro turned much slower and the mouse is jumpy as with a remote desktop.

I reconsider my old G5 is better with a large screen.
This is disappointing if true. I've been thinking of getting a new 23" or 30" to use with my MBP. I guess I should test it at the Apple store first.