Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 18 announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Find the official announcement and new features at:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/archicad-18/overview/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
152 REPLIES 152
Stress Co_
Advisor
Electronic Delivery Instructions arrived: 2:44pm MST
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Karl Ottenstein
Stress wrote:
Ditto. To clarify: this notification was for US customers on the ArchiPlus subscription; possibly others as well.

For the person who asked about an option to purchase a physical DVD/Box... US ArchiPlus customers can do so for $20 shipping/handling.

Word has it that the INT and GER versions are ready, so people on subscription for those versions may already have heard something too?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
stefanc
Participant
Hi all - so there was notification on how to download today? -- US ArchiPlus Subscriber here and not a peep...??? Any other ArchiPlus subscribers not notified yet?

Cheers

Karl wrote:
Stress wrote:
Ditto. To clarify: this notification was for US customers on the ArchiPlus subscription; possibly others as well.

For the person who asked about an option to purchase a physical DVD/Box... US ArchiPlus customers can do so for $20 shipping/handling.

Word has it that the INT and GER versions are ready, so people on subscription for those versions may already have heard something too?
Eduardo Rolon
Mine went to my junk folder.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it to, and jumped into exploring, mostly new rendering and surface definition. Earlier in May I asked couple of questions answered by Rob but...

I can't find 800 high-quality surfaces for SSA subscribers nor locate OGL surface Match Button with C4D!

Question was about really about organizing surface library in relation with building materials and having systematic naming structure (I just adopted Master Number prefix to any building material and associated surface so that are organized in relevant groups regardless the name)

and answer was:
-.... The only library improvements are GDL coded surfaces organized in a new surfaces library (800 high-quality surfaces for SSA subscribers), completely revamped lights and light definitions with possibility of importing IES light definition files and consolidated tree billboards in visualization folder

Question was about OGL material definition functionality of having 'match button' with C4D surface definition,

and answer was:
-yes, in fact all out-of-the-box predefined surfaces will be matched to OGL, C4D and Internal
I know I can do all this manually but it takes the time.

Regards, Andy
Karl Ottenstein
Andy and others: please start FRESH threads in the appropriate forums for any questions about 18 features. One thread per topic, with the Subject clearly defining the question for everyone to see. Answers posted here will be hard for anyone else to find.

E.g., your question on the surfaces... I have an answer for you if you'll post that question in the Rendering forum. 😉

Thanks, everyone.

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Great to see Canadian content on the AC18 box: http://www.architectsalliance.com/projects/large/cairns-family-health-bioscience-research-complex
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Aaron,

Hard to admit, but although I am familiar wit ArchiCad since 1990 and working exclusively with it for more than 15 years, I have only 10 post (only when I desperately need an answer).

Regards from todays sunny Toronto Beaches neighbourhood,
Andy
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you guys download ArchiCAD 18?
Because I have not seen any official release announcement on the GS site yet.
I don't know, maybe it works differently if you have SSA.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, all downloads for 18 are available to USA ArchiPlus subscribers (SSA - whatever SSA means).. AC, BS, MEP, Goodies, etc. on an official distribution page. Build 3006.

As Eduardo said... the announcement email may be in the junk/spam folder for some people. Mine actually ended up there, too.

The official word is the INT and GER have been ready for a couple of days - up to the distributors in those countries (OK, INT is not a country!) to make them available.