Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Areas With Zone Tool

Srinivas
Booster
Dear All,

I need some help with the Zone tool. When I am inserting a door in a wall with the frame flushed to inside or outside of the wall the Zone Tool is identifing it's boundary upto the frame inside portion correctly. As shown in the first Picture CASE 1. But when I am trying to insert the door in the middle of the wall.It's showing upto the wall inside only CASE 2. I tried both the Gross and the Net option, with the second and the third icon of the zone tool in the Info Box.. Is their any setting I am missing here to identify the zone upto the inside of the frame? Or in such cases I have to manually draw the zone with the first Icon from the Info Box in the Zone tool. I believe my question is clear and I am working on AC 9.0 Int version.

Thanks in Advance.

cheers,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi Srivinas!

I think you will find the answer to your problems at Options > Preferences > Zones.

Specifically the 'Add Wall Recesses to Zones' setting. This works in conjunction with the 'placement methods' near the top of the Preview & Positioning tab of the Door Settings dialog, as well as the 'Frame Thickness = Wall Thickness' parameter, which needs to be set to off, as you have done.

Cheers,
Link.