cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Brick & Stone wall

Tom Krowka
Booster
Is it possible to create a wall texture that consists of a combination of two textures? I need a 4 foot high wall that consists of groups of stone (Castle rock in the library) combined with groups of brick in a random pattern.

It would be nice if I had a photo of one, but I can't find one. Then I could scan it and just add to the library.

Thanks
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein
Tom wrote:
Is it possible to create a wall texture that consists of a combination of two textures?
Photoshop.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Tom Krowka
Booster
Don't have it, despair setting in. Don't want to buy and learn another program in time for this project.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You should consider getting it Tom - you'll find it very useful!

Here's an image of a building a modeled with multiple textures created in Photoshop... too easy!

Cheers,
Link.
Material-Example.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
You should consider getting it Tom - you'll find it very useful!

Here's an image of a building a modeled with multiple textures created in Photoshop... too easy!
I feel stupid on this one. Could you elaborate on the technique used in photoshop for this.
Tom Krowka
Booster
What he said.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Why not ArchiWall?

one of the provided features let the user utilize different rows of different material/texture...

Just an idea!
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Tom Krowka
Booster
Does Archiwall have the capability to mix different textures together into one pattern, rather than simply rows or columns of different textures.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I feel stupid on this one. Could you elaborate on the technique used in photoshop for this.
What he said.
Well I just copy and pasted the stone blocks into one image. To get the different colors, I used the Image>Adjustments command in Photoshop, before pasting into the final texture. See the attached image.

Then I created an alpha channel, using the method described at http://www.escribe.com/software/archicadtalk/m25778.html . Then I applied these to walls around my project. Simple, really.

I haven't yet had the chance to use ArchiWall, but am a big fan of anything Cigraph, so am sure it would be a great solution.
Stone-Trio.jpg
Tom Krowka
Booster
Link:

That page no longer exists. Could the URL be incorrect?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com