Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Column Grid in Section / Elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to be losing column grid markers from my section elevations. It occurs in all section elevations, but somehwat randomly. 6 out of 9 or so are missing. They were there at one point now I dont know how to get them back. Anyone else experiencing this? I am using the latest hotfix.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have by trial and error found that Grid elements only shows / updates on sections/elevations which is set to Autorebuild. The grid elements must also be placed on a layer which is visible (not hiddden) and not locked (when update is performed).

When all is properly set up (and updated/displayed) the sections/elevations can be set (back) to manual-rebuild. If grid elements are later changed, you have to set sections/elevation back to Autorebuild to have the grid element regenerated.

In a manual-rebuild section (or elevation) a "Rebuild from model" will not update grid elements. To me this is a bug. Graphisoft, - please fix.

ArchiCAD 11 INT (1033->1040->1086) Win XP sp2
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 / ATI Radeon X1950 / Dual LCD screens HP 30" + Dell 24" LCD
and
ArchiCAD 7+8+9+10 INT on Win XP sp2
__archiben
Booster
yes - if the sect/elev is set to manual rebuild half of them disappear.

it's shameful. they have been trying to fix what is a simple, basic part of the model for so long now. small steps i guess, small steps!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
I've also noticed that if you're using Teamwork, but the grid layer is not a part of your workspace, the grid elements disappear from S/E windows.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Did these problems also happen in AC 10 as well? Reason I ask is that I am working on a AC 10 project which has 2d Grid Lines but as the Project is moving on I want the Sections to show the Grid and so I was considering replacing the 2d Grid with a Grid Tool Grid if you know what I mean.

One other question - in the Grid Tool object there is a parameter to set the "Length" under 3d Geometry I think they mean height in fact but no matter what I try to set it to the top most point of the Grid Line in the Section window is always 6.0m above the FFL. Is there anyway of getting some control of this?

TIA

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Did these problems also happen in AC 10 as well? Reason I ask is that I am working on a AC 10 project which has 2d Grid Lines but as the Project is moving on I want the Sections to show the Grid and so I was considering replacing the 2d Grid with a Grid Tool Grid if you know what I mean.

One other question - in the Grid Tool object there is a parameter to set the "Length" under 3d Geometry I think they mean height in fact but no matter what I try to set it to the top most point of the Grid Line in the Section window is always 6.0m above the FFL. Is there anyway of getting some control of this?

TIA
The Grid Tool never did work right in AC10, and is down-right broken in AC11. The "Length" parameter you refer to is the length of the grid line. The height above FFL is set in the Marker dialog, although this is unpredictable see this link.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
.... nothing happens?

Grid tool need to work with manual-rebuild sections / elevations.
When will Graphisoft fix this essential tool?

ArchiCAD 11 INT (1033->1040->1086->1112->1114) Win XP sp2
Intel Core2 Quad 6700 / ATI Radeon HD 3870 / Dual LCD screens HP 30" + Dell 24" LCD
and
ArchiCAD 7+8+9+10 INT on Win XP sp2