Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile Demons

jbArch
Newcomer
I thought I'd worked out the demons with these profiles, but now suddenly some of the corners are not cleaning up.

I'm attaching a jpeg of two conditions:
1. On the left are walls created using a complex profile. There are no doors or windows, and the walls clean up nicely in 3D.

2. On the right, a copy of the same walls but with doors. When the doors are included, the intersections get sloppy in 3D. In 2D plan, everything is fine.

The wall group to the left is actually a copy of the other walls, but then I deleted the doors -- Immediately the walls cleaned up. I am using standard door library parts from the AC10 library, AC10 build 1188.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
11 REPLIES 11
jbArch
Newcomer
Thomas,
Thanks for the feedback. I never knew about the modify wall command... I will make good use of that one!

By "fat mullions" I just meant that I wanted wide vertical dividers at the transom, but I was having trouble getting them in the proper location -- by default they just go to 3 equal spaces. I wanted it to look like 3 individual windows mulled together on site.

Curiously, I took my new door/transom combo back to the original profile to see what would happen. The results are not perfect, but it is a big improvement. This leads me to think that the reference line location has a small impact... it is the interaction with doors & windows that causes most of the problems with this profile.

Cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Thomas Holm
Booster
jbArch wrote:
.. it is the interaction with doors & windows that causes most of the problems with this profile.
You're probably right. I've seen a similar issue in the betas. Please report the bug!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1