Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profiler: Help w/ making a part

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get into complex profiles and I need some help. Attached is a simple foundation wall & footing for use in residential projects. I want it modeled just as it has been drawn, with a light line separating the footing from the wall, and the rebar showing as well as the anchor bolt. I left the sill plate off because it may change from project to project...

In profile manager, you use just fills and lines are merely for construction, correct? When I make the part as shown, I lose everything except the fills....

The two separate fills for the foundation wall and the footing combine, and I don't want that. I want the line between the two. How?

Also, how do you add the rebar and the anchor bolt?
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
you could have just drawn the rebar using a fill with a dotted outline pen and transparent fill colour
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Steve
1. The x's are created by cutting your plate fill with the split tool, (hatchet).
Remember to use different fills before saving or it will "heal" itself.
2. Yes it slows down the model on large projects, (not relevant to me).
3. In section, I create new Detail of profile and annotate it.
You will find it in your Navigator map.
I keep mine in a special Detail.pln
Others may have better ways of doing this.
Look at your fill setting, the top option is for line used to outline fill with.
You can turn this off altogether if you wish.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice. I think I now get the tool and all the quirks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome Steve.

Genos, thanks for your comment, I had not thought of that before.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, now I've run into a further problem. It will not let me change the fill setting to be a cover or cut or drafting fill. The setting there is grayed out. If i put a fill somewhere else, floorplan for example, then I suck up the fill properties, I can then go into the profile with that specific fill category. Is this the way to do it or am I not seeing something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
gees, the censored word I said was succkkk, like to suckkk up the fill properties with the eye dropper tool. they really censor everything here, huh?
Anonymous
Not applicable
btw, if you add an anchor bolt, it extrudes it the whole length of the wall like one loooooonnnngggg anchor bolt, so that really doesn't represent what it should. I'll just leave it out.
Dwight
Newcomer
Steven wrote:
gees, the censored word I said was succkkk, like to suckkk up the fill properties with the eye dropper tool. they really censor everything here, huh?
Write to the moderator and ask them to post the list of banned words.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooops
Sorry about that Steve, obviously I had not thought the anchor idea through!
But you could drop them in if you were making an object of it, but that's not what you would be doing here, so my screwww up.