cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Corner L shaped columns?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i know i can make this with a custom profile but its not very flexible when you want to change the angle of the corner column. Also the wrapping properties (wall-column interaction) do not work with complex profiles.

placing two different rectangular columns to form the L shape also produces a lot of little problems especially if the corner is not 90 degrees.

Turning a wall into a column makes it easy to create any shape you want. you can change also the classification from walls to columns. but again wrapping properties exist only for columns.

Any other ideas?? something so simple yet not straight forward
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In ARCHICAD 23 this is easily done with multi-segment Columns, which can also use Parametric Profile Modifiers.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks! got to upgrade again

Hello. The issue is how to connect the 2 columns to form a L shape column in the corner of the building (as there is no free form design method for column - there should be. The Multi segment column to my understanding cannot solve this. It is for connecting different profiles of the column the one above the other, not 2 side by side.
So, how is this done? Having 2 column is not the correct way.

Archicad 26

Ancha_0-1680099857978.png

By using the Complex Profile Manager, you can make a column that has any shape and number of materials that you want.

Solution given in your other post (there is no need to ask the same question in multiple posts).

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/L-shape-corner-column/m-p/374796/highlight/true#M16...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11