BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating Stair

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I create a new stair successfully. But the function in the Stair Setting Dialogue: [ 2D Symbol, Arrowheads,Batten and Flight ] does not exist. I can't modify the arrowhead, 2d symbol...etc....

Anybody know the reason and how to overcome this ?

Please advise.

Many thanks
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well Tom I would love to have you talk to my Principle. I am trying to tell them it is worth buying Revit and ditch Archicad. We are a 4 man firm and cannot afford to waste time chasing our tails in any program. I have been highly trained in Revit from a previous job and there is where my bias enters. My anger enters from late nights away from my family not being able to do simple thing that are easy to do in Revit, but not in Archicad
Anonymous
Not applicable
can anyone help me, and explain how i can model stairs like this?
i dont have cadimage,working in archicad 12.

many thanks in advance.

Thomas Holm
Booster
Hence wrote:
Well Tom I would love to have you talk to my Principle. I am trying to tell them it is worth buying Revit and ditch Archicad. We are a 4 man firm and cannot afford to waste time chasing our tails in any program. I have been highly trained in Revit from a previous job and there is where my bias enters. My anger enters from late nights away from my family not being able to do simple thing that are easy to do in Revit, but not in Archicad
I'm not sure you'd be happy if I did. Because I'd tell them to ditch people who don't understand that whatever program they use, they need professional training to be efficient. The examples you gave are easy to do in Archicad, but you didn't bother to find out how. Instead, chasing your tails is exactly what you're doing!
You say you've been "highly" trained from "a previous job". I'm telling you that isn't possible. Not enough. Never "highly". If it were, you should have been as "highly" trained in Archicad by now. I have reason to believe that you're just as inefficient in Revit, considering how you describe your office's policies and QA process!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
vistasp
Advisor
Hence, it must be horrible living with someone if you're still in love with someone else. However, since you're apparently stuck with ArchiCad you can make yourself much less miserable by trying to learn it with an open mind instead of constantly looking at it through Revit-tinted glasses.

I've never used Revit myself but a lot of senior people on this forum who are familiar with both apps will tell you that they are both very capable programs that differ in their approach. It's imperative that you learn the AC way of doing things through some basic training.

Demand it! Asap!

Cheers.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok managed it all by my lonesome

looked in the manual of all places.
fill and lines, easy almost, except the direction of the flight, but after a couple of attempts i reckon i nailed it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
splitlid: well done!
hence: go and demand proper training from your office and take note of splitlid's efforts using stairmaker (which in fairness is not one of the best working bits of archicad but never-the-less, look what he's done!)
vistasp
Advisor
splitlid wrote:
ok managed it all by my lonesome

fill and lines, easy almost, except the direction of the flight, but after a couple of attempts i reckon i nailed it.
Excellent job! And you remembered to RTFM.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Thomas Holm
Booster
splitlid wrote:
That's
Sorry we hijacked the topic out of your stair issue!

And to Hence, I'd like to add that in AC12, Stairmaker got a considerable enhancement. Still not perfect, but a lot more useful - if you just take time to check it out before retreating to 2D
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers guys,
i have not had any professional training either,but then again im not an architect( just a lover of architecture), i have been using archicad for about 4 years now and still learn something new everytime i use it, this board is a huge help, and it does make me want to learn more,even if i forget it after 10 minutes
im sure that training courses would have really quickened my learning curve, and would recommend anyone to take a course as i have spent many and many and many hours trying to do even the simplest of tasks.grey hairs have increased three fold.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence, dude.. everything you just whined about is easily doable in AC.
i hated archicad when we moved over to it.. did a training cause and now wouldn’t even think about going back to what i was doing previously.
how can u compare 2 programs that 1 you are "highly trained in" and the other you clearly haven’t a clue about? that’s like saying pickles taste like sh|t without even tasting them
Learn and get certified!