Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating soffits

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you create a soffit & fascia as a unified element. We have been using walls for the fascia and slabs for the soffit but they don't join like walls so we are getting additinal lines in either the elevations or the plan views.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
npacella wrote:
This is for interior soffit & fascias for commercial projects by the way. I amnot sure how you would use a roof for this. Also, I'm not familiar with the profiled beam. I opened the beam tool but I couldn't see how that could be sued to create and interior soffit & fascia. We are on Acad 9 so maybe this is not available to us.

Every one he is talking about INTERIOR soffits where we usually fit the HVAC & Mechanical elements. I use simple slabs for the flat bottom portion and walls for the vertical; to think of it Complex Wall Profile would work now that we can curve it (in AC11) but not the beam since no curving and no curved soffits.
Joseph
TomWaltz
Participant
Last I checked, a "fascia" was on the outside of the building. Am I wrong about that?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Last I checked, a "fascia" was on the outside of the building. Am I wrong about that?

Correct but I am looking at his writing and intent.
Still think Complex walls will do a better job, any ideas?
this is from his web site. perhaps it is something like this he is talking about.

http://nmparch.com/

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25