Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall - Cannot modify length

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a very annoying problem with the curtain wall tool.
I can create a curtain wall to my liking. But sometimes when I want to modify the length of the curtain wall, nothing happens. My only way around the problem is to re-model the curtain wall. This is a bit of a pain, as I have quite complex curtain wall elements.

I have attached an example of the problem
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
i exactly have the same problem.

Appreciate if someone can help us look into this. Is this a bug of some sort?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have followed this issue up with Graphisoft headquarters. I got a responce I was very unhappy with. They told me that it was a known bug in ArchiCAD, and the issue will be fixed in ArchiCAD 16. They said they will not fix current versions anytime soon.
If it is a known bug, why wouldnt they be more helpful?

Sorry you have the same problem. It is a pain.
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Tom,

Which version of ArchiCAD you are currently on? I opened the .MOD file and it says Version 12. The curtain wall has been improved since then. If you have a more current version of ArchiCAD you may wish to use that for this project. The curtain wall was improved as of AC 13 with the addition of the reference line that allows you to stretch the curtain wall. If you are having troubles in 13 or newer do let us know. HTH

Cheers,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a heads up. I have the same problem on AC15. I have modeled a 36 storeys building with several CW, and by some strange bug, I can't edit half of them right now.
I thought it was due to magic wand clicking on a closed polygon by later a realized that its simply a bug. The curtain wall works well for a few days and them out of nowhere it becomes buggy.