Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Walls

I have two questions regarding curtain walls I have not been able to find straight answers:

1) I can make the reference line coincide with the reference plane (center line of panels), if I want to make the curtain wall start at the base of a curb or at the edge of a slab, Is it possible to assign the reference line to be directly below the exterior face of the frame ? In other words, how do we place a curtain wall exterior face, flush with an edge below.

2) Once the curtain wall is in place, and we find the base of the wall too high or too low, Is is possible to modify this elevation setting withouth deleting nd having to start again ?
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Conrado wrote:
2) Once the curtain wall is in place, and we find the base of the wall too high or too low, Is is possible to modify this elevation setting withouth deleting nd having to start again ?
Like the other Tools, I would use the "t" and "b" inputs in the Info Box, but this is also possible in the Curtain Wall dialog box, under Curtain Wall System: Geometry and Positioning.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thanks David:

As in some other ocassion, the minute I describe the problem and I post it, the answer hits me in the face. I found my answer at the top of the screen, in the right end of the tool bar. Exactly as you describe using the "t" top, and "b" bottom to insert the dimensions needed.
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP