Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you create custom fills?
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
I still can't believe GS won't let us use symbol lines in our composites. I mean what an easy fix to give us so much flexibility, for a variety of wall types.

Because cut fill origins cannot be manipulated within walls, trying to generate batt insulation in a wall is not best achieved by fills. And Because GS won't give us symbol lines in our composites, we are left with rather an ugly workaround (again).

We are lucky enough to have been supplied with an insulation library part that we can stretch over our walls. It's quite a nice little object, but it is a workaround nonetheless.

Cheers,
Link.
Do you think this is better than using a line type and drawing over the walls in section or paln? Or now that I have made the fill, using that in my composites and that in section as a drafting fill and rotating the origin?
And Why? Does the library part have any pros?

Thanks.

And howd o you guys think we could word this "issue" to add it to the wish list?
Anonymous
Not applicable
In order to add it to the wish list I think these things would help:

1) allow symbol lines as separtor lines in wall compositions

2) Being able to create a symboline with an offset would help also. By this I mean a symbol line such as the batt insulation with a baseline to one side rather then down the center of the symbol

3) Need some kind of Custom Wall fill option that recognizes the orientation of the fill in relation to the path of the base line.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Do you think this is better than using a line type and drawing over the walls in section or paln? Or now that I have made the fill, using that in my composites and that in section as a drafting fill and rotating the origin?
And Why? Does the library part have any pros?
There's not much in it really. I just think it it would be faster to place the library part rather than fiddle with fills and origins.

Either way it's a workaround and submitting a wish wouldn't hurt, but you'd have to do that separately.

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
zaigram wrote:
In order to add it to the wish list I think these things would help:

1) allow symbol lines as separtor lines in wall compositions

2) Being able to create a symboline with an offset would help also. By this I mean a symbol line such as the batt insulation with a baseline to one side rather then down the center of the symbol

3) Need some kind of Custom Wall fill option that recognizes the orientation of the fill in relation to the path of the base line.
1) Yes!

2) This can be done relatively easily by centering your linetype definition around the project origin.

3) Agreed, but 1 would solve most issues AFAICS.

Cheers,
Link.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Be sure to check out Olivier Dentan's insulation objects also - they are very nice. He has a rectangle that you can clip the corners of, and a variable arch, all extremely well-made objects:

http://perso.orange.fr/archilib.od/
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw this topic now, the problem is like mine.
So theres no way to do this right
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why does fill dissaper when you drag it to the section?
I thought this way I could manualy input it in the slab by making an empty slab cut fill and then drawing it manualy, but this doesnt work also.
sa copy.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone?
I realy dont like this issue, not having any ability of defining custom fills and using/aplying them without any problems
Is it possible that even with version 11, Graphisoft hasnt done anything abouth it
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's just a display order setting - don't panic. Right click on it and bring it forward or to the front of the display order.

Cheers,
Link.