Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Profiles and Wall Intersections in 3D

TomWaltz
Participant
Anyone else seen a problem like this?

These are walls drawn with a custom profile. Each skin is set to a different priority and "Enable Skin Priorities" is turned on.

The plan looks correct.

Why do the corners not clean up properly?

(those are 3 different corner screen shots composited into 1 image)

Picture 4.png
Tom Waltz
19 REPLIES 19
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Intersection angle had no effect.
Reference lines moved all over, no effect.
They are the same profiles.
Tried the same thing with skin priorities on and off, with no effect.
It is 100% reproducible with every custom profile we have tried, including those from GS. We have not had one profiled wall clean up in 3D yet.
Tom,

Would you be willing to upload the walls as a module file? Maybe it's a version problem? I'm running INT 817 at the moment without any wall healing problems. Either way maybe we could get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My wall clean up as well but I am seeing the issue with window placement. This is seeming like a bit of a mystery. Not the type of mysteries you like to be a part of....
TomWaltz
Participant
Here you are, Link.

Good luck! I'm about out of ideas.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, now I can replicate your problem.

Funny thing is though I pasted your walls into another drawing of mine and they still behaved badly. But when I used any of my other profiles they worked fine. If I make a profile the same as your, it works fine.

Maybe it does have something to do with where the original profile was written (o.s.)...

I cannot make it happen as hard as I might try on mine but your profile behaves badly...

I can't find a setting that may be the culprit.

Dunno.
Eduardo Rolon
Found the possible problem:
In your custom profile the fills nodes have mistakes. There are overlaping fills, extra nodes and holes between fills. I captured your profile and fixed the fills and it is now cleaning up correctly.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Here's the revised pln file. Now working on the window and door problem
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

TomWaltz
Participant
ejrolon wrote:
Found the possible problem:
In your custom profile the fills nodes have mistakes. There are overlaping fills, extra nodes and holes between fills. I captured your profile and fixed the fills and it is now cleaning up correctly.
What's really funny is that wall was part of the template from Graphisoft.... Still, I would have expected the profile engine to be a little more robust!
Tom Waltz
Eduardo Rolon
Doors and Windows are behaving correctly. I had to do a merge of your file because I was getting errors on a wa_trim_us10.gsm everytime I inserted a window. I have no idea what it is. After the merge it worked fine.

note
Never trust anything that you have not drawn yourself
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Doors and Windows are behaving correctly. I had to do a merge of your file because I was getting errors on a wa_trim_us10.gsm everytime I inserted a window. I have no idea what it is. After the merge it worked fine.

note
Never trust anything that you have not drawn yourself
Nor enter a building that you did not build with your own hands.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Here you are, Link.

Good luck! I'm about out of ideas.
I can only confirm that Eduardo is right, it's a dodgey fill in the FNDN Conc. 12" w/Brick Ledge complex profile.

Good find mate.

Cheers,
Link.