cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Difference from 18 to 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
After the update for 19 I have finally loaded & started using it.
But have noticed that when I place a line or wall, then select to stretch the line or wall, the stretch command in the pet pallette is not available, I only get the Drag/move, rotate, mirror & multiple copy.
Then if I deselect the line/wall & then re-select, the stretch command is available.
This does not happen all the time.
Is there some setting in 19 that is causing this?
12 REPLIES 12
Eduardo Rolon
I am seeing this problem also and have not been able to duplicate reliably. I know it sometimes happens when I click on an item that has another underneath and I do a fast click. If I click slowly then I get it.
You are not alone and it should be a bug.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ejrolon
I am also having a problem with what I think is the cursor snap variant thingy.
If I am stretching a fill eg. the cursor seems to snap to invisible parts of other objects such as a door & can be in front of or behind the fill I am stretching!!
Are you experiencing this also?
I may well go back to 18..
Eduardo Rolon
Cursor Snap might be the NEW/Improved Guidelines with the Blue Circles. It takes some time to get used to them but it is worth it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have taken a photo, so not great quality, but you can see the cursor is in front of the fill object by a couple of mm's, there is a fine dotted line which is perpendicular in this case, but other times it is dancing at all sorts of angles.
Capture.PNG
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When the dotted line appears it means that your angle is locked and the position of your cursor is projected to the locked angle.
The dotted line is the projection line.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, but I have never seen the object not able to keep up with the cursor before.
Other times the dotted line is dancing around at angles.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried to replicate this in 18 & can get similar using shift Q.
But I could not get the cursor to travel independently from the edge of the fill being stretched,
I have tried it again in 19 & it is random, but this is worse than the previous attachment.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Roger,

I am confused now about what you are doing.
First you said you are stretching a line or Wall, then you were talking about stretching a Fill (do you move a node?), and in this last image I don't know which command of the Pet Palette is being used.
Could you provide step by step instructions and then state what you would like it to achieve? I got confused.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry
I have only started using 19 last couple of days & have found some strange behaviour. Firstly the lines & walls when stretching.

But then fills, the cursor does not necessarily follow the edge of the fill when stretching, I have updated the capture. As I said it is random.