Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Door Marker Setup, Profile setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
My first problem is that I want save my profile settings somehow, so I don't have to set-up the toolbars always. I looked for the option but I didn't find and the template files don't saves it.

The second is about the Door marker. I want to make the marker like on the picture. The only problem I have is with the circle part. I can't set it to have an another text over the first or make the text from to level. The line between them is not so necessary just to have the text editable .. somehow
I using version 10[/img]

Marker.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jooogyerek wrote:
4. When writing text it is possible to set the background fill underneath it, which (may) cover the less important lines and objects that can disturb the legibility of the text. Is it possible to set this kind of filling behind the dimension text too?

No, this feature is available only in the Text and Label Tools.

5. Since I made mass changes in the setting of the doors, more precisely with the thresholds I'm getting this error message(attached picture) during some procedures. For example, when I'm creating zones in a room in which the above mentioned door types are present as well as when I'm trying to generate the front-view. Till now it hasn't caused significant problems, but I'm curious about the cause of the problem and about the way to solve it.
You have probably created a body in which two nodes are at the same position (e.g. two consecutive nodes of a SLAB or similar) so it cannot be generated in 3D. It is also possible that the dimension of some element is zero which gives similar result hen AC tries to generate its 3D.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure that the marker can be set-up like that but I think yes because near of the ''Door Selection Settings/Marker Dimension/Marker height'' IS a picture what shows that type of marker and also if we open in the ''Edit GDL Library Parts'' the ''Open Objects by subtype ...'' option and there chose for example the ''W Marker 10'' wich is in sub-path Drawing Symbol/Marker/Window-Door Marker then that marker type pops up in the left upper window too. So it exist somewhere.
Any clues? Write please too if you think I'm not right. Thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jooogyerek wrote:
My first problem is that I want save my profile settings somehow, so I don't have to set-up the toolbars always. I looked for the option but I didn't find and the template files don't saves it. [/img]
You should do that in the Work Environment Dialog. The Palette Scheme is the one that stored the position and on/off state of toolbars and palettes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried it. Works. Thank you. It will spare me a lot of time. Just the second problem lasts.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
To do the Marker modification, you would have to modify its GDL Script. I looked at it: it can be done but only if you already have some GDL knowledge.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a little, so if you have time, explain it to me please.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I'd rather not start to get into it because it would be rather hard for me to explain it if you know little about GDL. Sorry about that.
If it is important for you maybe you can hire someone to do this modification for you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ou. OK. Anyway, thanks for the information. I will try to find somebody.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I DID IT! I DID IT ALONE!! It is a little drastically but working
In the directory ''Interior Elevations 10'' wich is in the main library found some editable objects like compass and interior elevation. There was the marker form what I looked for. So I checked where it is in the ''Subtype Hierarchy''. It can be found as ''Marker Head'' so I opened it and saved with name MarkerH.gsm. In the door's Setting Dialog tried to open the saved file as a type of door marker like D Marker 10 is. Wasn't there because it wasn't the same type gsm file like the door markers so I wrote down the full name of the file to open it with the old good way. It opened with some errors but the problem wast that the central line and the editable sizes are gone... of course. Then I tried to open it as a Label. It worked too with some little errors. THEN.... in the Setting dialog I choose the D Marker 10 as the door marker, turned off the marker head AND turned on the Labeling WHERE I choose the saved file and .... BINGO!!! With some modification of the labeled marker it become sooo beautiful and totaly editable!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am so happy that I gonna cry
But now I have a new problem. I want to place my windows, doors and wall endings in a layer but they haves not this option like the other objects.