Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Door Marker Setup, Profile setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
My first problem is that I want save my profile settings somehow, so I don't have to set-up the toolbars always. I looked for the option but I didn't find and the template files don't saves it.

The second is about the Door marker. I want to make the marker like on the picture. The only problem I have is with the circle part. I can't set it to have an another text over the first or make the text from to level. The line between them is not so necessary just to have the text editable .. somehow
I using version 10[/img]

Marker.JPG
19 REPLIES 19
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Very well done, that's a nice job.
This lateral thinking will be very useful to you with ArchiCAD.

About your question: Doors/Windows and Wall Ends do not have a layer of their own. They are always on the same layer as the layer of the Wall in which they are located.
Regarding Doors/Windows: check the Model View Options Dialog where there are settings for the Floor Plan display of Doors and Windows.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly. It was the first thing what I would set after the layers, so your advice was well timed. Thanks again. I will use just 3 Model View Combinations. Next I must to change the pen colors and thickness by the numbers because my publications must be compatible with an another CAD software to. But it's not a problem.
Djordje
Ace
And ... please try NOT to use black background. The white background by default is there for a reason.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry. Originally I didn't want to change but mostly I have to use white pens. Is it possible to change the settings of the white pen, so that it will be shown in a different color?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should explore Pen Sets. You can have only white pens in one of the Pen Sets, and you can have pens of all kinds of color in another Pen Set.
And switching between Pen Sets is fast and easy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It isn't crossed my mind. Shame.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have accumulated some new questions.

1. I have set almost all the doors and windows according to my needs, but in order for the program to be able to use them they have to be present in the project, so that I can get their parameters.
Is it possible to save the individual door and window types at the same time into the main library or somewhere else, from where they can be used at any time individually or all at the same time, or create an individual library? Or I have to save all objects and tools as GSM file one-by-one?

2. If I turn on the "Arc in 2D" at arched door openings, the arc pops up just at one side. I need it on the other side too. Can it be set without GDL Script modification?

3. I saved a project as a DWG file. When I checked out the layers wichones were created I noticed that a layer were been created for the "Window-Door Markers". I want to rename this layer before saving as DWG.

4. When writing text it is possible to set the background fill underneath it, which (may) cover the less important lines and objects that can disturb the legibility of the text. Is it possible to set this kind of filling behind the dimension text too?

5. Since I made mass changes in the setting of the doors, more precisely with the thresholds I'm getting this error message(attached picture) during some procedures. For example, when I'm creating zones in a room in which the above mentioned door types are present as well as when I'm trying to generate the front-view. Till now it hasn't caused significant problems, but I'm curious about the cause of the problem and about the way to solve it.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jooogyerek wrote:
I have accumulated some new questions.

1. I have set almost all the doors and windows according to my needs, but in order for the program to be able to use them they have to be present in the project, so that I can get their parameters.
Is it possible to save the individual door and window types at the same time into the main library or somewhere else, from where they can be used at any time individually or all at the same time, or create an individual library? Or I have to save all objects and tools as GSM file one-by-one?
You could place all those objects in a PLN file then place it as a Hotlinked Module on a separate Story. You can also save a View to quickly access it. Any time you need any of those parts, just activate the View, and ALT-click the needed library part. I think Eric Batte's MasterTemplate uses something silimar.
2. If I turn on the "Arc in 2D" at arched door openings, the arc pops up just at one side. I need it on the other side too. Can it be set without GDL Script modification?
I think this is not possible by default, you need to modify the script. But based on your previous success with GDL, I think you can do it.
One piece of advice: use the Open Debugger command, because the Debugger lets you execute scripts line by line and see the result. This way you will see which part of the GDL generates the elements you need to modify or add to.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jooogyerek wrote:
3. I saved a project as a DWG file. When I checked out the layers wichones were created I noticed that a layer were been created for the "Window-Door Markers". I want to rename this layer before saving as DWG.
Check the attached image. You need to set the desired name in the marked fields of the DWG/DXF Translation Setup Dialog.
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jooogyerek wrote:
4. When writing text it is possible to set the background fill underneath it, which (may) cover the less important lines and objects that can disturb the legibility of the text. Is it possible to set this kind of filling behind the dimension text too?

No, this feature is available only in the Text and Label Tools.

5. Since I made mass changes in the setting of the doors, more precisely with the thresholds I'm getting this error message(attached picture) during some procedures. For example, when I'm creating zones in a room in which the above mentioned door types are present as well as when I'm trying to generate the front-view. Till now it hasn't caused significant problems, but I'm curious about the cause of the problem and about the way to solve it.
You have probably created a body in which two nodes are at the same position (e.g. two consecutive nodes of a SLAB or similar) so it cannot be generated in 3D. It is also possible that the dimension of some element is zero which gives similar result hen AC tries to generate its 3D.