cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door Placement / Elevations in Door Schedules

griggadee
Contributor
Ok folks,

Here is a tricky one for you!

See the attached image. How can I make the door placement point jump from where it is (circled red) to the other side (circled blue), whilst keeping the door swing etc exactly the same?

The reason being, on my door schedule, I always state 'viewed from the hinged side' when referring to the door elevations, so to avoid any confusion. Normally, with a right handed door, i.e. when viewed from the hinged side, the hinges are on my right, the door handle will correctly show on the left on my door schedule elevation. However, in the instances where that red circled point is on the opposite side to the door swing, the handle shows on the wrong side in the door elevation. Tedious stuff!

I am sure I have just placed my doors in an incorrect manner, even though they look correct in my floor plans, and this is now coming back to bite me with my door schedule.

Any suggestions that don't involve reinserting all of the offending doors again would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Door Point.jpg
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
If I remember correctly you will need to use "Flip" in the door settings and then mirror the door, though I am not 100% correct that it will work.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
To get the door in the same position (swing) you will need to Flip it then Mirror it then Rotate it 180°.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
griggadee
Contributor
Hi chaps,

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately neither of them solve the problem.

By flipping it, mirroring it, and then rotating it 180 degrees, the door comes back to the same position, but that reference point stays on the same side.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
Eduardo Rolon
The only way I could get them to "flip" was by rotating the wall after placing the door. Apparently AC decides which side to place it by the direction you drew the wall (up/down, left/right) and the reference line has nothing to do with it. So either this is a bug or it has always worked like this.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

griggadee
Contributor
Thanks for your help ejrolon, but I must say, I am absolutely gobsmacked that this is the only option. I have just spent two days rotating all of the walls with the offending doors in them, as it does appear that this is the only work around.

It is a really big fail on the part of the developers that this hasn't been picked up and solved already. There really should be an option to select (& change) the side from which the doors and windows are viewed from in the schedule elevations. The fact that ArchiCAD just randomly decides on this when you initially draw the walls is just bonkers! It should at least be when you place the doors / windows.

Come on Graphisoft... get on the case!