Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drawing curved corner in walls (little radios)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to draw a curved corner in a wall which radio is smaller than the wide of the wall. Is it that posible?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was checking, and I think that is some kind of interference between the walls and the slabs. Do I have any quick solution besides redrawing the slabs. Just working on the skissers phase and don't have time to draw newly the slabs.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot of how that would have to look like in 2D? Draw it using lines or fills.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you want a rounded corner on a wall you could either draw it as a polygon wall, split the end up in little bits of wall with smaller thickness so you can make the radius or put a custom column on the edge and stop the walls short of the corner.

If the radius is very small (like only on the plaster), I'd probably just show it in some 2D principal detail and leave my model straight.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally I found the fillet tool that solved my problem.
Regards
Barry Kelly
Can you show your results please?
I can't get a small chamfer to work unless the resulting chamfer is actually wider than the wall.
The chamfer works on the reference line of the wall and actually cuts the walls short and inserts a curved wall.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mikas
Expert
You could use the freeform wall in the corner. It does not work with self constructed layered wall types though, only the simple ones, aka one construction material types, because freeform wall is available for use with them only. Reference line are set visible in my example pic.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Can you show your results please?
I can't get a small chamfer to work unless the resulting chamfer is actually wider than the wall.
The chamfer works on the reference line of the wall and actually cuts the walls short and inserts a curved wall.

Barry.
Sorry, but I haven't explains myself. The radios of the curved corner is bigger than the wall, i.e., wall wide, 300, radios 500. With that you can just use the fillet tool.

Regards