cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Elevation Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to embed fills, to show up in 2D section/elevation, to a composite or complex profile wall? I am looking for ways to create the most automated drawings possible (very little added 2D elements).
Thanks,
-matt
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Peter; I think I've almost got it. I'd forgotten about associating a fill pattern with the texture. I've at least gotten it to show up on most of the walls in section/elevation.

I still can't get the fill pattern to show up in 3D, so I still don't quite get the align 3D texture part.

Wendy
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Wendy wrote:
I still can't get the fill pattern to show up in 3D
Wendy have you set the 3D window to show vectorial hatching?
3D Window settings.jpg
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod wrote:

Wendy have you set the 3D window to show vectorial hatching?
Yup.

'Tis a puzzlement.

Actually, I don't really know if the hatching is showing up in the renderings or not. It's white marble, and I don't have my lighting fully set up yet, but it's already so reflective that it's almost like a mirror, so I suppose that's interfering with being able to see the pattern.

I *cannot* see it in the 3D window, though, although it does show up now in sections and elevations, which is where I most need it at the moment, to give to the tilesetter. I still want to get it fixed, and I know I'm going to run into this same problem with another project I'm working on, plus with future ones as well.

Wendy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wendy,
If you have the 3D window set to "OpenGL 3D engine" you will not
see the fill pattern only the texture. The same is true of renderings.
The only way to see the fill pattern in the 3D window is to set
it to "Internal 3D engine".
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Wendy,
If you have the 3D window set to "OpenGL 3D engine" you will not
see the fill pattern only the texture. The same is true of renderings.
The only way to see the fill pattern in the 3D window is to set
it to "Internal 3D engine".
Peter Devlin
I do have it set to "Internal 3D Engine" - but I just realized I had vectorial 3D hatching turned off in that dialogue box. That's got it all showing up in 3D now, but still not in the renderings.

I suspect it may become more visible when I get the lighting straightened out. Despite all the lights I've already got in the model, and in the space itself, the room still looks like a cave with a few weak flashlights on <sigh>. I clearly still need to do some tweaking of the material to get it to be not quite as mirror-like as it is.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Wendy
Djordje
Ace
Wendy,

please don't get me wrong, but 99% of your frustration stems from your basic lack of training, and not too much hands on general computer experience. That is nothing wrong in itself - take a training course, or an upgrade course. Trust me, the cost of it will be recovered in a week.

There must be some good places to learn Archicad near you?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen