Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Eyedropper and syringe tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello all
Please help me with this..
for some reason the ctrl+Alt for syringe and Alt for eyedropper is not working on my pc..because of which i am not able to match properties....
I have changed the CPU recently and the problem still persist...

Thank you
kay
25 REPLIES 25
Bruce
Advisor
I'll try my two cents.

If you have another object selected nothing will appear to happen: e.g. if you have a slab selected on screen and Alt-Click on a window, nothing will change on screen. You need to de-select the slab first in order for the Window tool to be activated.

Probably way off the mark, but I thought I'd try
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Bruce
Advisor
To clarify - the info box will still show the info for the slab, but the Window tool will be selected (often causes confusion in my office).
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmm that doesnt seem to be a problem...i make sure everytime..to start with, line to line...doesnt work
besides i can use this syringe and eyedrop command in other computer and it works good...so based on that i am not doubting my understanding of the tool...
thanks bruce for trying

hmm i really need help with this tool
anyone?
kay
Djordje
Ace
What is the shape of the cursor when you are picking up the properties? Honk?

How is the gouping? If the objects are grouped, no properties wil be transferred.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
something as simple as a line doesnt transfer the parameters to another.

eyedropper-appears when picking up parameters from an element as part of Parameter Transfer shortcut
syringe-appears when transferring parameters of one element to another as part of Parameter Transfer shortcut

but then there is no honk or no parameters are transfered

I know i am doing nothing wrong while using the command as i am able to do it on the rest of the computers in the office.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
With all the trouble you are having, why not just reinstall the program?

You can still try uploading a zipped module file if you like.

Cheers,
Link.