Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Favorites not transferring in emailed files

Anonymous
Not applicable
I emailed a project file in version 11 to someone who had version 12. My favorites that I had made (walls, doors, etc) did not transfer over. The person I emailed it to imported a library she had from version 11, but that still did not help. I can't find my favorites files to email to her and I am not sure what to do otherwise.
7 REPLIES 7
Rick Thompson
Expert
It's good to know where you are saving the favorite file to. It is a ".prf" file, so you might can search your HD for it. You are saving it.. right? Best to dedicate a place to keep it (them). You should be able to send them the .prf file, and with the same library they should be able to pull up the same thing. I have done that without any problems. They will need to manually load the right prf. file.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick wrote:
It's good to know where you are saving the favorite file to. It is a ".prf" file, so you might can search your HD for it. You are saving it.. right? Best to dedicate a place to keep it (them). You should be able to send them the .prf file, and with the same library they should be able to pull up the same thing. I have done that without any problems. They will need to manually load the right prf. file.
I found an old .prf file from when I first loaded archicad and set up stuff with the guy who initially taught me. It hasn't been updated since though. Is there a way to save all of the favorites I have made so far? What I have always done (since I didn't know a better way) when I started a new drawing was to save an old one and erase the old stuff and start over so I always had the favorites.

ETA: Nevermind, I found where you can save the favorites and load them as well. Thank you! But a new question for you - if I have made different composite walls, will those automatically transfer with the file or do I need to save them somehow as well.
Rick Thompson
Expert
The composites will stay with the file. You can use Attribute Manager to transfer those if needed.. or copy/paste from another open file. I have learned to keep careful track of my favorite file as I use it as my "standard". So, when I open a pln, I load the latest favorite file, and if I add something new, I always save and overwrite the old one. Some practices need to maintain several favorite files for different project types. I only do residential work, so my life is simple
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might want to try sending the file as a .pla (archive) rather then a .pln
Anonymous
Not applicable
HAL9000 wrote:
You might want to try sending the file as a .pla (archive) rather then a .pln
How do I save as an .pla file?
Anonymous
Not applicable
File: save as

and then select file type : .pla
Rick Thompson
Expert
Archiving is a good idea, just realize it carries the library with it, or what in ti you have used, so it can be a big file to transfer.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display