Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fill orientation in composites

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear forum members,
I have a problem with fill orientation when working with composites. I am working on a small scale suburban developments, and I have more than one objects that are not all aligned with project origin. I am using composites for walls that have masonry fill (45 degrees to project origin). On layouts I have to show both large scale floor plan and small scale (every object separately with its entrance facing "down"). When rotating orientation, fills remain oriented to project origin (screenshot), and I want them to be oriented to my relative view. You can see in the left corner problem wall. Fill orientation in building material dialog doesn't do the job
Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I don't remember if in AC17 is in the same place, but in AC19 in the Building Material is the option to do this. make a search in the Archicad Help to see where is in AC17 if is not there. I don't have AC17 here so I can't make sure of that, sorry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,thanks for the quick reply.
That option is indeed located on the same place as in AC19.But,as I said in my earlier post,none of the Fill Orientation options in Building Material don't do the job. Element orientation fill doesn't do the job for me because masonry fill on intersecting walls isn't aligned to one another.I need masonry fill orientation to be user orientated,not project orientated because I have a problem when I save my view and place it on layout.You can see on screenshot 1 how it shouldn't look and on screenshot 2 how it should.
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Screenshot 2
2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Got u.
I really don't know if there is a way to make the fill in a composite user oriented, but what I will do is (if possible), I'll do a new fill with the orientation needed and duplicate the brick material, one with the regular fill and one with the rotated fill, and then duplicate the composite and use the brick material with the rotated fill and apply that composite to the rotated walls.