Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Find & Select - criteria editing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there! I have a question and I can't find the solution anywhere so I hope someone can help me. I had this pdf file that i wanted to turn to .pln so i exported it in illustrator to .dwg and opened it in my archicad 17. the problem with vectorizing the pdf file is that it assumes every element as a single element. For example, in the case of dashed lines they became a lot of polylines instead of a single dashed line. And that is my problem because i have to erase all of the dashed lines of the project and there is no way i will delete them one by one since they are thousands. I tried find & select but there is no criteria for the size of the polyline since it is the only thing that differentiates from the other lines. Any idea to help me on this? is it possible to create a new criteria? i have to deliver the work on thursday so i'm somehow in a rush.
Thanks,

André Pipa
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately the ability to explode PDF files to ArchiCAD elements came in ArchiCAD 18 so that is not available in your version.

One thing you could try to simplify and reduce the number of lines is to run the Edit\Reshape\Linework Consolidation menu command. One of its specific uses the cleaning up of linework in an imported DWG/DXF file.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27