BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HATCH PROBLEM

Tom Krowka
Booster
I thought I could go a whole day without looking for help, but I guess not. In the elevation window, I have a wall that is brick. I have placed a masonry arch from the object library over the window in the wall. The wall brick shows through the arch brick. I've tried moving the arch various places, on the face of the wall, penetrating the wall. all to no avail. Any help there?

Once again,
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like it's not cutting a proper WALLHOLE (internal GDL code - not shouting ). Try making the arch slightly project beyond the face of the wall. There should either be a parameter for this or you can put an offset in the window settings.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Tried that, did not work. Discovered something else. If I change the fill type, which defaults to empty, to air space, or 25% fill, (only two I tried)
the wall behind the arch is hidden. If I rebuild the SE, the wall reappears behind the arch, and stays there until I change the fill type again.

Any other clues?

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems there must be an internal problem with the library part. John Cassell is having a somewhat different problem with library part fills working in AC and not in PM. I begin to wonder if there are some quirks (bugs) in how AC & PM are handling these things. Perhaps there has been some internal change that has affected previously well behaved library parts.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Pardon my ignorance, but what is PM. Also, I guess I'm just out of luck on the library part. It is the masonry arch in masonry objects. If anyone else is using it successfully, I'll know it's my bad.

Thanks
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC = ArchiCAD
PM = PlotMaker

I'll see if I can find a moment to look at the arch.
I assume it is in the 8.1 library?
Tom Krowka
Booster
Yes, Library 8.1
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had assumed that the brick arch was a window you were placing in the wall. I now see it is an object.

Just subtract it from the wall (using SEO) and your problem should be solved.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom,

What's your machine specs. I have a similar problem with ALL building elements when placed in front of a large "object" walls, slabs meshes etc. I've attributed this to the hardware I'm using. G$ PB 667. When I open the same projects on a more robust machine they seem to go away and display properly.

FWIW
Learn and get certified!