cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have you receive your 16 and how is it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to follow up who will be the first one to work with the new morph tool
67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous
Not applicable
I received AC16 two days ago. Apart from a small issue of MEP16 not being available, I was able to load my AC15 files properly.

The library consolidation was a breeze (quite an improvement on previous version migrations). The only objects that were not converted to AC16 library were the WCs.

As I mentioned above, the absence of MEP16 caused MEP related objects to become uneditable; however I was able to resolve that by the excellent and timely help from this support board.

I hope that GS releases the MEP16 installer and other goodies ASAP.

In terms of speed I find (perhaps placebo) that AC16 is slightly more responsive, especially in 3D modelling.
archigreen
Enthusiast
I'm having trouble using the Morph tool; every time I try to edit a Morph element it disappears.
There is no RAM or Graphics video card issue.
I wish Graphisoft can do something about it,
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Everything is good except my editing plane is now showing solid. I can't see anything the other side of the plane.
archigreen
Enthusiast
"outpostarc" wrote:
Everything is good except my editing plane is now showing solid. I can't see anything the other side of the plane.

Try Option+Space bar
then hit Option again otherwise you'll duplicate the element.
Good luck
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
archigreen,
Could you explain what is this OPT+SPACE bar thing and how it relates to an opaque Editing Plane? I don't quite get it.

I think the Editing Plane problem may be graphics driver related so I would try updating the driver.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rocorona
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
archigreen,
I think the Editing Plane problem may be graphics driver related
or the opacity slider, in the Grids & Background settings (open it with the 3D Window in front)

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Mine arrived 7/9/12 - Hailey, Idaho, USA

...and window labels are still broken.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
archigreen
Enthusiast
So, the problem of disappearance a Morph element when Editing was solved working with the internal 3D Engine instead of the Open GL 3D engine.
See attachment below
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I've been using 16 for a couple of days now and it seems very stable. So far, just working on jobs started in 15, but easy transition. I haven't played with the morph tool yet. I like the little protractor that appears when rotating.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
archigreen wrote:
I just realized that the same project on AC15 is very slow on AC16. I'm running MacOS X Lion on a Mac PRO/ duo core 12GB RAM.
Any ideas to speed up AC16?

Agree with this.
We have had lots of strange behavior since 'upgrading' to AC16...

1. Slab outline appears in 2D, selectable (using left click or magnet), but does not appear in 3D / cannot right click on slab and see menu options for element. Basically, is not really there, but is still visible.

1A. Same as above but with a bunch of 2D lines and circles.

2. When trying to switch between trace references, loading circle appears on continuous loop, view zooms in and out on its own until either program is forced to close via task manager or in another instance rectified by selecting a view set.

3. Selecting particular piece of wall made from complex profile causes AC interface to grey out, then re-appear, then grey out, then reappear.

4. 'element information' palette position will not save as part of work environment (docked on left hand side of screen).

5. Numerous occasions, various projects; Setting a trace reference causes AC to slow to almost a complete stop. Solution; turn off trace reference (not ideal).

6. Teamwork; lots of elements do not become reserved following a request, until a send and receive is performed (items that do not normally require and send & assign / send & receive).

Clearly not a hardware issue (see my signature). The above issues have occurred on two separate teamwork files which were started in AC15.
We are not best pleased, as this is not cheap software. We expect new versions to be quicker, not slower. Including with legacy projects!