cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have you receive your 16 and how is it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to follow up who will be the first one to work with the new morph tool
67 REPLIES 67
Markitect
Participant
I just realized that the same project on AC15 is very slow on AC16. I'm running MacOS X Lion on a Mac PRO/ duo core 12GB RAM.
Any ideas to speed up AC16?
I have the same computer, and had to upgrade my video card. Now ArchiCAD 16 is even faster than 15 was.

Anyone else just hate that stupid protractor image during a rotate? Any way to turn it off?
nitizz
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
My first thought is that you may want to check your Model View Options where you can control the various Fill Overrides. Maybe one of them is causing this behavior.
Model View option is ok I checked it
those big black spots are line drawing I added to the side of windows
but on window list it appears good and print ok
only on paper layout it is showing black
AC27 INT FULL

27-inch 2019 iMac Retina 5K 10.14.6 macOS Mojave

3.6 GHz Core I9 Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

www.rethinkstudio.mu
Barry Kelly
Is you drawing on the layout using a different pen set with a different thickness pen for those lines?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
I am really curious how Archicad 16 imports 3ds files, since it is able to represent morph mesh objects properly in 2D drawings and it does not slow down the program. Anybody tried that ? I am unable to do it by myself since I am Edu Version user from Poland and it yet didn't show on my Myarchicad profile.
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
Barry Kelly
Archicad 16 imports 3ds files just the same as previous versions.
The good thing now is they can be converted to a morph and manipulated for further editing.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Barry wrote:
Archicad 16 imports 3ds files just the same as previous versions.
The good thing now is they can be converted to a morph and manipulated for further editing.
Barry.
Plus you can remove all those unnecessary lines that are generated from the triangulation of surfaces by setting those edges of the Morph to Soft Edge type. That is the big thing for me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Potato Farmer
Mentor
NCornia wrote:
RE: Graphics Card issues. Some of the new features in ArchiCAD 16 utilize more advanced graphics capabilities of OpenGL. We designed them to spec for OpenGL but have discovered that certain video card configurations have some bugs in the display, primarily on the Mac platform. The manufacturer's have been notified and we are awaiting their response.
Unfortunately the antialiasing bug is not fixed by Mountain Lion on my iMac as I had hoped and was hinted at in the wiki article. I am very disappointed and am hoping someone at Graphisoft has updated info. Thanks.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Markitect wrote:
I have the same computer, and had to upgrade my video card. Now ArchiCAD 16 is even faster than 15 was.
We have the same problem: can you tell us what you upgraded to?
Markitect wrote:
Anyone else just hate that stupid protractor image during a rotate? Any way to turn it off?
Yep! No joy so far!
Anonymous
Not applicable
We're now in the process of saving all our Archicad 16 projects back to version 14 (via 15), since we can't contemplate the investment in upgrading the hardware at the moment. Very frustrated that some projects only crash when we try to do this.

Apart from fact that version 16 is impossibly slow in 3D with our current setup, there don't seem to be any significant improvements, and a number of backward steps. The one person in our office who likes to use guidelines can't get to grips with the new format.

I'm always optimistic that Graphisoft will take on board some of the wishes of the user group, but this seems to be a forlorn hope. Why not give us changes that we actually want, instead of imposing so-called improvements on us which we don't?
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Keith,

naturally, ArchiCAD 16 requires better hardware capacity than the previous versions (http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/system_requirements/). An outdated video card or its driver can cause slowness in 3D or feedback problems, for example.

In case you are saving the ArchiCAD 16 projects back, please take care about the library migration, too. The embedded library items will be saved back automatically, but before saving the project the linked ArchiCAD 16 library needs to be replaced with the library folder of the previous version. It can happen, that ArchiCAD 15 tries to load the library elements of ArchiCAD 16, that corrupts the process of loading the program.

An easy library object creation was one of the leading User wishes for many years. This request is achieved by the new Morph Tool that allows element creation with any custom geometry in a very simple way. Using the BIMcomponents you can also access a wide range of objects, providing a new space of the design.
The improvements of the 3D interactions help a lot in editing the model elements in 3D, too. We have collected some useful tips to work with guide lines here: http://archicadwiki.com/GuideLines, I think it is worth to check.
Katalin Takacs