cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have you receive your 16 and how is it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to follow up who will be the first one to work with the new morph tool
67 REPLIES 67
jclewis
Booster
Karl/All

re: 2008 MacPro issues

Today I replaced the original 8800 graphics card with a new ATI 5770.

So far, this appears to have resolved all of the problems I was having. No 3d display issues, no screen breakup, and more than acceptable speed.

The 5770 is not that expensive and sure looks like the way to go.

Jim
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks for the update, Jim. Glad that the 5770 did the trick for you.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just updating our template for 16.

Had been led to believe that we could now do a 'summary transmittal' in 16 - but I cannot find a variable autotext field for layouts that can be used for revision letter (as different drawings can be at different revisions).
Comments anyone? If not - Please GS fix this in a hotfix - its been too many releases where this has not been addressed.
(and for the bright sparks who suggest adding the revision in with the 'layout ID' - it creates problems in section and detail markers where the layout is cross-referenced, as the revision letter is typically NOT shown there!).
m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
I also have problem with disappearing Morph object while modifying.
The strange thing is that few hours ago everything worked fine in OpenGl mode with "Ignore hardware acceleration in 3D window" turned on. Now it doesn't help anymore. And working on internal engine is bit too slow.
Updating graphic cards driver led to complete crash of AC16 and it did not launch at all.

Please, fix it as fast as possible. Morph tool is crucial tool for AC 16 and it eases work in many fields, especially while doing interior designs.
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
I love ArchiCAD 16.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
drh64
Contributor
This is my fifth year using ArchiCAD. Release 16 is a HUGE step forward. It is much easier to use and is worth the cost of the upgrade.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doors in curtain wall disappear when the curtain wall is curved. Worked in 15 not 16.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you be more detailed about this?
I made a Curtain Wall that is made of 3 segments. I placed a Door into one of the panels of the second segment. Then I curved this segment and the Door was still there. This is in AC16.
Or is it in some other situation?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The disappearing doors are on my double doors only.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, but what are you doing exactly?
This works for me also with double Doors.
The only way I can make them disappear is when I change the Scheme of the Curtain Wall (for example, Primary GridLines were A=900 and B=300 and I remove B and make the remaining A=1500) but in that case it is normal that all panels and frames go back to their default.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27