Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hide windows and doors in 3D massing model

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to hide windows and doors in 3D so as to have a simplified massing model (set model view options allows us to hide doors & window in plan for reflected ceiling plans but not in 3D)
14 REPLIES 14
or just use a zone for massing model with seo if needed. 3D text works well on a zone for SEO.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Now I'm facing this problem right now.

I want to make a plan, 1:500. In this scale, I don't want doors and windows. In SET MODEL view, I'm selecting:

Door and Window, hide in floor plan.

I also hide door handles and knobs.

But I still can see the wallholes.

Filter Elements in 3D also shows the wallholes.

Is there any way to hide the wallholes? If I activate the doors and windows, the plan has a lot of unnecesary information. I will show doors and windows in another scale.

I hope in AC14 this has been solved.

Thank you to anybody who can help me. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Diana wrote:
Hello,

Now I'm facing this problem right now.

I want to make a plan, 1:500. In this scale, I don't want doors and windows. In SET MODEL view, I'm selecting:

Door and Window, hide in floor plan.

I also hide door handles and knobs.

But I still can see the wallholes.
This is how it is intended to work. The point of turning off the doors and windows is either to reduce complexity for speed of working in 3D or for framing models where they are excess clutter.
Filter Elements in 3D also shows the wallholes.

Is there any way to hide the wallholes? If I activate the doors and windows, the plan has a lot of unnecesary information. I will show doors and windows in another scale.

I hope in AC14 this has been solved.
I don't think there has ever been a request for this so as yet it is not considered a problem to be solved.
Thank you to anybody who can help me. 🙂
The only quick fix I can think of is to make a copy of the model, either a duplicate within the same file or a copy of the file, and delete all the doors and windows from the copy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I don't think there has ever been a request for this so as yet it is not considered a problem to be solved.
I can't believe it... a 1:500 plan can have the same detail as a 1:100 plan... and this way, has the same.
Matthew wrote:
The only quick fix I can think of is to make a copy of the model, either a duplicate within the same file or a copy of the file, and delete all the doors and windows from the copy.
If I would like to do this, I would be working with AutoCAD, not with a BIM application.

Air-Lux Special sliding Windows by Mara Dascoli has done the trick. They are amazing, they are REALLY scale sensitive, and really provides with different data in different scales.

I hope default archiCAD objects soon behave as this ones.

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate the help from this community. 🙂

If someone is still looking for a way without deleting :

door tool -> Ctrl+A

window tool -> Ctrl+A

Renovation filters -> Demolition

No windows no doors and no wallholes