cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hiding fills or floors

KeesW
Advocate
Could I have a little rantlet?

I intensely dislike the way Archicad treats floor fills or floor finishes. I create a tiled floor, 10mm thick and lay it over a subfloor. I put some object on it, including a table, chairs, stove a 900 thick slab to simulate cupboards (this is a sketch drawing). Floor tiles show through table and chairs, but don't show through stove. Tiles also show through the simulated cupboard. Moving the tiles to the back doesn't work.

I am sure that there is a combination of settings that wil do what I want but I've forgotten what they are.

My needs are simple:
1. Consistent treatment of objects - I hate the way some objects are transparent and others aren't - almost at random.
2. A default that causes elements which are placed on top of other elements or finishes, to obscure these lower items.
3. If I want things to show through, this should be available as an option rather than the norm.
4. If AC insists on having non-logical defaults give me one place to change this - not a non-sensical and forgettable combination of places to make this happen.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Your stove probably has an "Empty" fill with a backgound screen colour pen (-1) set.
Your table and chairs may not have an empty fill or it may not be set as "Empty" fill and/or the background pen colour is wrong (0 instead of -1).

Slabs have always been transparent but you do have an option for a cover fill - use either a solid fill with a white hatch pen or an empty fill with a screen colour background pen (-1).

You may still have to play with the display order - the slab will by default go behind any objects (ie the tiles).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
KeesW wrote:
Could I have a little rantlet?
4. If AC insists on having non-logical defaults give me one place to change this - not a non-sensical and forgettable combination of places to make this happen.
I second that.