Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hot to set doors and windows ID?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help me please to set visible ID for doors and windows.

I have a tutorial where doors have the following notation:

I use ArchiCad16, and my doors look like this:

I want my doors and windows to have notations.
Thanks for help!
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi,

You want to enable the Marker within the Door / Window Settings dialog. The choice of markers / appearance and the default behavior will vary based on the localized version of ArchiCAD. The screenshot shows the USA version; the RUS or INT versions will be slightly different. (The markers are library objects and part of your localized library.)

For plans, this is no doubt what you want. But, you can also use the associative label tool to define labels for doors/windows ... and those labels can be made to appear in section/elevation as well (but without the dimension information available with a Marker).

Cheers,
Karl

PS Please post future screenshots / images as attachments to your posts, rather than as URLs to external sites. The forum spam filter may delay your post if you use URLs.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Maudlin
Rockstar
vidrascu:

In addition to Karl's advise, if using the Door Marker, check your Model View Options > Options for Construction Elements > Door Options > with Markers.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl, David, thank you very much for your help.