Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How can I design a ceiling with a horizontal arch.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im designing a shop.And I dont know how to make an arch on the ceiling(horizontal arch).I ve tried with the wall and tha slab tool and i cant find any options.Also with the roof tool the only optionis to make a Domme or barrel vaulted.PLEASE HELP ME!!I attouch the following sketch for better understanding...Excuse my English again!!

curbe.JPG
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
How did you do this Mathew?It looks good!Please tell me give directions cause I dont have a clew on how to work the profiled beam method.I m excited like a little kid that tries to find out why the oven is burny!!!(Hopefully Im not going to get burned!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running out to dinner so I don't have time to make examples, but...

Go to Design > Complex Profiles > Profile Manager (I hope this makes sense for the Greek version). This opens the editor for making and revising complex profiles. Draw a fill to define the profile, select whether it is to work as a wall, beam, and/or column and store the profile. It will then be available to draw with using the appropriate tool (select the profile method in the Info box or settings dialog). For further info read the manual. If you have any problems post back here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Matthew,
Just a quick question.
Why do you prefer a profile beam vs a profile wall in this context ?
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
TomWaltz
Participant
Personally, I prefer beams for trim since you can slope them when needed.
Tom Waltz