Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you get a 50% screen pen color assignment?

rob2218
Enthusiast
We've just migrated some PC's in our office to Archicad 10 (fantastic product by the way). Our office was full force on ADT but have seen the power of Archicad therefore we are doing various projects using this software.

Here's my question. How do you assign a specific pen color to plot in a 50% screened mode?

We tried to plot by using the "Gray scale" instead of the Black and White option but the gray scale doesn't work proplery. it will make all objects that are in color (such as the bubbles for the secitions) it will plot that light as well.

What we are trying to accomplish is to assign a specific pen color (say color 250 or 252) a 50% screen value so we can use it as our background linework for example. How and where is this accomplished?

thanks.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
rob2218 wrote:
Here's my question. How do you assign a specific pen color to plot in a 50% screened mode?
You can create a pen set for the appropriate drawing placed in the layout that has the screening - or the colour - required. Actual screening is not available, but all the shades of grey are.

Note that you can have one pen set associated with a view in the working environment (2D window/section/elevation/detail) and another associated with the same view when it is placed in a Layout.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
You don't need to think of pens in the very complex way they are treated in AutoCAD (such as screening issues). it's much simpler than that, whatever colour you set in the pen settings (layout) is the colour you will see in your layout and it is the colour you will get when you print, if you want grey just choose grey (or double click on it and change it to grey) if you see it grey in the layout than it will print grey (and no need to print in Greyscale)