cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you model a stucco soffit profile?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to make the attached stucco soffit profile. I made the eave profile with a morph. When I use SEO to cut it on a 45 at the corner I don't have access to the cut to trace it. The cut has to be projected up the gable end. It was simple to do in MicroStation, but I am lost as to how to make the gable end profile. What is the best way to do it?

Capture.PNG
6 REPLIES 6
rob2218
Enthusiast
I'd try to "segment" that curved shape. Why you ask?.....well because if that stucco curved complex profile were to ever be placed in a "curved wall" or in a "slanted wall" or in another type of kock-a-maymee design....it'll freak out and you'll get some silly "can't display" blah, blah blah message.

It's been my experience that when you "segment" a curve being considered in a 'profile' type of an object, it'll behave better than if you try to make it a smooth curved shaped. Seems "ALL" 3d design softwares have some sort of hang up with this type of computation.

Just my 2cents and you know what they say......
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Attached is the soffit profile. The question is how do I make the profile to go up the gable end. It has to be a different size than the profile along the soffit. Then it has to be projected along the gable fascia. Segmented vs smooth curve may be useful in the future. Right now I need to know how to get it modeled accurately and which tools to use. Morph or profiles & beams?
rob2218
Enthusiast
yes..I ran into that exact situation a few months back. Let me see if I can locate that discussion.
there's some "formula" way of projecting the lines at the gable angle but I could never get it to work.

gimme a sec...I'll post the link to that thread.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
here's the thread that discusses what you are in need of.
if you can figure it out....please...let me know what the steps are.
this has been vexing me since day "UNO".

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=267683#267683
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
and here's another post that tries to describe just how to do a gable end profile to match the "flat" end...but hell if I can't make it work.

if you can, please post up.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9370
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
so..here's the "graphics" on how accomplish this task but again....I couldn't get it to work. Once you understand it, please....rely the information back to us....

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23