Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you model proper cladding panels ie kingspan etc

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently involved with a university project where i must show my 3D skills in Archicad but I am fairly new to Archicad 11.

I have downloaded and run through the tutorials which are good but they don't help me with creating any cladding be it; roof or wall never mind ribbed, micro rib or smooth cladding panel.
eventually It would be good if you can enter a panel size (w x h x thk) and spacing to the next panel so when the rendered image appears it looks spot on.

When i tried on AC 8 i used a library component with worked well until it came to the corners of the building. Unless the building dimensions match the library part exactly i was left with a real nasty overhang. Maybe i was very close to solving the above.

please help me you archicad gods !!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
lamour wrote:
I have downloaded and run through the tutorials which are good but they don't help me with creating any cladding be it; roof or wall never mind ribbed, micro rib or smooth cladding panel.
Hi Lamour,

For a quick and rough representation, you can use the "Log details" option in wall settings (you can choose only the height of your panel).
For a more accurate modeling I would create a complex profile and assign it to a wall.

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Dwight
Newcomer
lamour wrote:
I am currently involved with a university project where i must show my 3D skills in Archicad but I am fairly new to Archicad 11.

I have downloaded and run through the tutorials which are good but they don't help me with creating any cladding be it; roof or wall never mind ribbed, micro rib or smooth cladding panel.
eventually It would be good if you can enter a panel size (w x h x thk) and spacing to the next panel so when the rendered image appears it looks spot on.

When i tried on AC 8 i used a library component with worked well until it came to the corners of the building. Unless the building dimensions match the library part exactly i was left with a real nasty overhang. Maybe i was very close to solving the above.

please help me you archicad gods !!
You would be better off calling us the Archicad Gits.

There are many approaches available for panels depending on the technical need. If you just need the look, as was said: custom profile walls where the profile runs across.
For vertical ribs, make a polygonal wall the shape of the ribbed panel. This is easy to trim at corners and could make a seam or reveal wherever you want.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
lamour,

if it can be of any help, take a look at the Hungarian website for specific Kingspan objects :

http://www.eptar.hu/eptar_letoltes_gdl.php

good luck
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys.

Joeri:

I have downloaded the kingspan files and I will install and have a look. Not quite sure what i will be installing, are they library components and textures?

Dwight:

I would never call you gits - never bite the hand that feeds !! custom profile wall??

adytc:

Not quite how to create a complex and assign it to wall - sorry i am trying to run but in reality I'm still at the walking stage

thanks again everyone !!!
__archiben
Booster
lamour wrote:
I have downloaded the kingspan files and I will install and have a look. Not quite sure what i will be installing, are they library components and textures?
they are libraries. but don't load the texture library unless you want several thousand RAL colour material attributes to be created. (you don't ).

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!