Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to Create an Internal Angle?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just getting started with Archicad and I'm flummoxed at how to create two walls with a certain internal angle.

The first wall is neither perpendicular nor vertical, and I need the second wall to be joined to it at an internal angle of 89d 48' 45" . Drawing the second line and hitting "R" only allows me to input the angle with reference to a vertical or perpendicular axis and not with reference to the wall I attached it to.

I used the angle dimension tool, but that just displays the angle value and I can't change the wall angle by modifying it.

Can anyone help me perform what I'm guessing is a fairly basic drawing operation?
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
bhagwad,

If using ArchiCAD15 or above:

A. Activate a Guide Line along the wall's face or reference line. See: HelpCenter: Display a Guide Line Along a Particular Edge
B. Click the point where the second wall will join and move your cursor in the direction the wall should be drawn.
C. The angle should now be relative so you can now type A for Angle and input your desired value, a long with D for Distance to define the length of the wall.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia wrote:
bhagwad,

If using ArchiCAD15 or above:

A. Activate a Guide Line along the wall's face or reference line. See: HelpCenter: Display a Guide Line Along a Particular Edge
B. Click the point where the second wall will join and move your cursor in the direction the wall should be drawn.
C. The angle should now be relative so you can now type A for Angle and input your desired value, a long with D for Distance to define the length of the wall.

Best regards,
Thanks, that seems to be working! Still getting a bit confused when the references suddenly change, but I'll figure it out. Appreciate the help