Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to create this Wall ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I wonder how to create this wall? Using complex profile or a simple wall tool or something else?
Please advise.
Many thanks
p.s. This wall is the the side wall of a disable ramp.
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use a roof (the "operator", on a layer which you can turn off) to SEO* "subtract with upwards extrusion" from the wall (the "target"). If you ever have to modify the cut line just move the roof as required and the resulting cut will change automatically (just don't delete the roof).

*Solid Element Operation, under Design menu.
Djordje
Ace
s2art wrote:
Use a roof (the "operator", on a layer which you can turn off) to SEO* "subtract with upwards extrusion" from the wall (the "target"). If you ever have to modify the cut line just move the roof as required and the resulting cut will change automatically (just don't delete the roof).

*Solid Element Operation, under Design menu.
There is no need for SEO here. Place a cutting roof plane, Trim to roof. It holds, whatever you do with the roof later.

The mesh solution is probably the least painful one.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:

The mesh solution is probably the least painful one.
Unless you need to extract some documentation from the model (and not just pretty pictures). Then you have to use a wall, and SEO or cut-to-roof.

Either way, the plan will not parse out correctly, because the wall will not show cut/view as it should.

And there you are stuck.

So, avoid those kind of walls. Just install an elevator...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sort of a wish regarding having just done a ramped C.P. wall with seo, with
"roof" on a hidden layer.
As in the attachment, I have a ramped C.P. wall with pre-drawn fills as plates, one on the bottom and two at the top. HOWEVER, (of course) the two top plates did not show, and had to be drawn in in section.
Therefore my wish is to have the tops plates of the primary C.P. wall somehow show in section, so I don't have to draw them in and then redraw if I change the cut location.
Or is this possible, (I highly doubt it), already?
Bier
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Does this help?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so the answer is no for now.
(That sounds like vote no on yes).
Oh well, back to the dilemma.
So, how about since you can transfer parameters from
operator to target, right?
So how about in near future could have ready made roof with
two flat rafters stacked on top of each other,(no real world situation where you would see this), so that when trimming a wall with a "operator roof" the flat double rafters (selectable transfer) could be transferred to the wall, doing all in one fell swoop, and have sections and bim in one.
I know, wild , wild idea, but what the heck.
Think about GS.
Bier
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It may make more sense to cut your walls using inclined beams as rafters?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bier wrote:
Ok, so the answer is no for now.
You can easily do that cutting the wall with a roof then inserting a inclined beam made with a complex profile.

The section will be perfect, no need to fool around with 2D.
The plan thou is a whole different bucket of worms...