cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to publish multiple layouts to one pdf?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"If the contents of a folder are all in PDF format, a checkbox gives you the option to Merge to one PDF file. Leaving it unchecked will publish each file in the folder as a separate PDF file." --Quoted from the help manual.

I cannot seem to find this checkbox anywhere in the publisher.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
chad.lawson wrote:
On another note. Has anyone else tried using publisher to plot more than one set of drawings? I'm getting the same old fun of my sheets not collating on my DesignJet 5500; in other words, I'll send out a plot telling Plotmaker to make 5 copies of the plot, and I get 5 copies of page 1, 5 copies of page 2, etc. etc.
I have seen a lot of problems trying to get HP printers (including those formerly known as plotters) to collate copies. But this has been mostly due to HP's indifferent support of Macs. I have not seen this with windows.

Your problem is probably that PM is printing each sheet as a separate print job so that the printer has no idea that it needs to collate them. I believe there is a way to overcome this but I can't remember the specifics.
Potato Farmer
Mentor
Unless your printer/plotter has a hard drive or enough memory to load the entire job your computer will be doing the job of spooling the prints one after another, in which case collating won't work. Our old HP will definitely not collate while our laser printer, which has a big hard drive, will print, collate, copy, send faxes and make you a cup of coffee, all at the same time. Maybe publishing a PDF and then printing multiple copies would work. At least it would allow you to print in the background and take advantage of a second processor (if one is available) while you continue to work.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure it's a problem with the print processor. My DesignJet 5500 has a 20 gig hard drive, and 1 gig of ram, not to mention it has a localized print processor (I can just dump image formats right to it; .jpg, .tif, .pdf, etc. etc.)

Oh. . .and Matt, in reference to your comment about HP's support of MACs. . .I completely agree. I used to work beside those guys. . .and wow. . .they had a staff of about 30+ with perhaps 2 people that knew what they were doing. AND! they had a singular MAC support group, so if you called for MAC support on a laserjet, designjet, scanjet, etc. etc. . ..you'd be routed to the same exact phone queue. If you'd like to know who to ask for if you call there PM me, and I'll let you know 2 guys that would be the ones to talk to if/when you call HP MAC support.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Has anyone else tried using publisher to plot more than one set of drawings? I'm getting the same old fun of my sheets not collating on my DesignJet 5500; in other words, I'll send out a plot telling Plotmaker to make 5 copies of the plot, and I get 5 copies of page 1, 5 copies of page 2, etc. etc.
Theoretically, this is doable with Plotflow, but it still won't very user-friendly.

Cheers,
Link.
kevin b
Contributor
Aussie wrote:
I remember seeing the "merge to one file" check box a while back but it seems to have disappeared somewhere along the line. (Mac OS) maybe it will come back in v10
If using Mac OSX, just select the pages of the layout book you want and Print to PDF. (Seeclt print from menu then click PDF button at bottom left of Print Dialog rather than print at right. Also make sure All selected in Navigator is clicked)
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Aussie John
Newcomer
kevin wrote:
Aussie wrote:
I remember seeing the "merge to one file" check box a while back but it seems to have disappeared somewhere along the line. (Mac OS) maybe it will come back in v10
If using Mac OSX, just select the pages of the layout book you want and Print to PDF. (Seeclt print from menu then click PDF button at bottom left of Print Dialog rather than print at right. Also make sure All selected in Navigator is clicked)
Actually I found it in publisher - You have to select a subfolder rather than individual multiple layouts and the option becomes visible
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]