Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to stop walls showing in the hollow part of and RHS column / beam

catherinehunt
Booster

Has anyone found  or know the correct way to stop a wall from showing within the hollow part of a RHS or SHS either in plan or section?  I've tried th hole method, the white patch method, but I just want to nknow the correct method.  Priorities don't work, as the airspace within the beam cannot be set to a stronger version of airspace.  The solid element operation will only work if you don't want any wall at the other side fo the operation.

catherinehunt_0-1651234445848.png

10 REPLIES 10

Totally agree. We’re currently trying to streamline our working, so we are able to do less 2D and use as much as the model. It would be great if we could avoid having to do patches. Another great improvement would be if we could have more eaves options at the roof edges. That’s my other  bug bear! I end up drawing two different roof build ups. Being able to extend some layers of the composite would be a game changer (the slates and battens). I would also love them to add the priority bar in the composite pallet so I’m not having to switch between two pallets when I’m trying to get junctions to meet properly!